WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Wondered if I could get your opinion on something....

I already have a Ninja Tuna (SBBN035) fitted with a sapphire crystal and that one sees quite a bit of wear.

I was curious about taking the jump to the SBBN025 Tuna. It looks so similar in pics with the same handset and color, but is it a different animal entirely when held in the metal?

TIA!! :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Guys,

Wondered if I could get your opinion on something....

I already have a Ninja Tuna (SBBN035) fitted with a sapphire crystal and that one sees quite a bit of wear.

I was curious about taking the jump to the SBBN025 Tuna. It looks so similar in pics with the same handset and color, but is it a different animal entirely when held in the metal?

TIA!! :)
It is a larger wearing case on the sbbn025. I have it and the SBBN033 (which is the same as the 35). They wear different but both are awesome. Thicker and wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Worker

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is a larger wearing case on the sbbn025. I have it and the SBBN033 (which is the same as the 35). They wear different but both are awesome. Thicker and wider.

Thank you!

I would not mind at all if the SBBN025 wore bigger as I actually think my ninja tuna wears a bit on the small side.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
I had a 031, 035 and 037....

I have a Bumblebee 027, a Goldie reissue 040 and a VO 042....

The biggest difference I have found, and keep in mind that I have a 7.5” flatfish wrist, is that I also found the 300m tuna to be “small”.....great watches, after all I have owned 3, but all moved on on.

The 1000m Darths are noticeably bigger in real life and sit on the wrist due to the hidden lugs Vrs the 300m that wrap more.

The overall “feel” and “build” of the 1000m is just higher, subjective I know, but that’s just how I feel about them.

The Darths are without a doubt IMHO the grad-and-go Quartz kings of the watch world.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 031, 035 and 037....

I have a Bumblebee 027, a Goldie reissue 040 and a VO 042....

The biggest difference I have found, and keep in mind that I have a 7.5” flatfish wrist, is that I also found the 300m tuna to be “small”.....great watches, after all I have owned 3, but all moved on on.

The 1000m Darths are noticeably bigger in real life and sit on the wrist due to the hidden lugs Vrs the 300m that wrap more.

The overall “feel” and “build” of the 1000m is just higher, subjective I know, but that’s just how I feel about them.

The Darths are without a doubt IMHO the grad-and-go Quartz kings of the watch world.

Thanks Maddog....

I also have a 7.5" wrist. Yeah, the SBBN035 seems to wear a little small on me and I would not be opposed at all to the larger Darth.
I am pleased to hear the build quality is there on these 1000m Tunas.

Appreciate the info!! :)

·
Premium Member
71,424 Posts
I was faced with the same type of decision and I went for the Ninja because I knew that I could wear the 300m Tuna in my small wrist but wasn’t sure if I could pull the 025 off. From reading your post I surmise that you would have no such problem so go for it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thank you!

I would not mind at all if the SBBN025 wore bigger as I actually think my ninja tuna wears a bit on the small side.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Man, trying to take a pic down your arm is not easy!

Anyway, wearing my bumblebee today, so took a couple of pics........I went with the 027 so as not to clash with my Spring Drive, but I tell yeah, a 025 might be on my New Years list!

As you can see, a 7.5” wrist is the sweet spot for the Darths.....sits so nicely in the middle of the wrist, and on a strapcode, such a beautifully balanced watch!

5D7AE918-5D1F-4CD5-A917-FCCB9FDE3033.jpeg 53828CB0-60DE-45ED-B90E-2D2B307B33CF.jpeg D1F9904C-126B-4A1D-89F7-5443783ABFA9.jpeg

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The Darth is superior to any of the 300m Tunas as it should be given the price point. I’m not taking anything away from the 300m Tunas as I’ve owned an 017 (my favorite Tuna) and have handled the 035. The 300m ones are incredible but the Darth is on another level. The Darth is one of best made watches I’ve held. It may not be all shiny with mirror polished sides,but it’s fit and finish are excellent. I think the only thing holding most people back is the size, but given your wrist size I don’t see that being a problem. I have a 6.8” wrist and feel that I’m able to pull off the 025 with no problem.

IG: th3measure

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Darth is superior to any of the 300m Tunas as it should be given the price point. I’m not taking anything away from the 300m Tunas as I’ve owned an 017 (my favorite Tuna) and have handled the 035. The 300m ones are incredible but the Darth is on another level. The Darth is one of best made watches I’ve held. It may not be all shiny with mirror polished sides,but it’s fit and finish are excellent. I think the only thing holding most people back is the size, but given your wrist size I don’t see that being a problem. I have a 6.8” wrist and feel that I’m able to pull off the 025 with no problem.

IG: th3measure
My wrist is 6.75 and I have no problem with the Darth either.

I agree with you 100%. The finish, detail and build are on another level. The bezel click is Mmmmmm good.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The darth is no doubt a superior watch, but IMHO the 300m makes for a better daily wearer and battery changes are a breeze.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 6.75 wrist and was wondering the same thing. I can easily wear the 031 and I'm considering getting a 025. This helps so thank you for the info guys. The 025 is now officially on my must have list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts