WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to placing an order for a "Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora" with a Havana Dial.

What are your opinions on strap colors? Should I get it on a Brown Croco Strap or Gold Croco Strap? I want the deployant buckle too.

I am thinking to maybe order it on a Navitimer Bracelet and get the strap also.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I am getting close to placing an order for a "Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora" with a Havana Dial.

What are your opinions on strap colors? Should I get it on a Brown Croco Strap or Gold Croco Strap? I want the deployant buckle too.

I am thinking to maybe order it on a Navitimer Bracelet and get the strap also.
I got mine on the bracelet and a Chocolate brown strap on the side.
The combo of Havana dial and dark brown strap just blows your socks off and really brings out the color of the dial

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had the 2 combo on my 38mm Montbrillant.

I would take Navitimer bracelet and dark (if you can choose from various pieces) brown croco. The only picture I have made is with the gold strap. Jean-Michel posted it in navitimer.net. I reproduce it here. Not a Havana Datora, but it gives the idea.
Cheers,
Christian

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
I think the gold strap is probably to light for the Havana dial, so it will be on the Brown Croco strap. Will try to get the strap as an "extra" and order the watch on the Navitimer bracelet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts