·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just sharing my most recent flip:

Sold this:

(+ my beloved strap collection)

Bought this:

It sort of reminds me of a divorce (not that I would really know), where the first girlfriend is the polar opposite of the ex-wife.

I'm still waiting for the "WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!" moment, but it hasn't happened yet. Its my first time without a Panerai since 2003. I might still be in shock.

I think I'll be able to wear the white gold VC more often than I wore my old rose gold Calatrava 5196.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like it!
No looking back now, right?
Other than color of metal, very similar to the PP 5196. Love to hear your thoughts on why this versus that.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the dial of the 5196g, but the VC also has a great dial & IMO wins in term of the movement & transparent case back (and pre-owned price). If I were to get a dressy PP I'd prefer a 5205g or 5296g-010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrats on the VC. Top dog in the watch world. It must feel like you have nothing on your wrist coming from a PAM.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Oh wow excellent move, beautiful watch!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Congrats! Nice move, that's one of my favorite dress watches & one of my favorite VC!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Lovely choice, I've had my eye on those as well. Any sport watches left in the stable? It's easy to convince yourself you can go dress watch only when it's November. When June rolls around...
This is the exact situation I find myself in.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lovely choice, I've had my eye on those as well. Any sport watches left in the stable? It's easy to convince yourself you can go dress watch only when it's November. When June rolls around...
This is the exact situation I find myself in.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Agreed-- I have a few sports watches with an Aquanaut & Rolex Pepsi GMT getting most wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the nice comments. Still no regrets after a week. This VC looks like a keeper-- unless someday a complicated grail piece like the PP 5205G gets within reach.

The big watch trend might be on the downswing & Panerai is bringing out more smaller & thinner models now, so perhaps I'll eventually pick up another one.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The big watch trend might be on the downswing & Panerai is bringing out more smaller & thinner models now, so perhaps I'll eventually pick up another one.
Yes. I really like my Panerai 620, perfect size for me (42mm), very cool micro-rotor movement, and quite thin.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm just sharing my most recent flip:

Sold this:

(+ my beloved strap collection)

Bought this:

It sort of reminds me of a divorce (not that I would really know), where the first girlfriend is the polar opposite of the ex-wife.

I'm still waiting for the "WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!" moment, but it hasn't happened yet. Its my first time without a Panerai since 2003. I might still be in shock.

I think I'll be able to wear the white gold VC more often than I wore my old rose gold Calatrava 5196.
I've heard of divorces where the next girlfriend or boyfriend is just like the ex, and those are sometimes really bad.
Great watch, I love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts