WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any connection between the GW-M5600R-1JF and the AWG-M500R-1AJF and the Men in Orange Rescue Series?

Here is my AWG-M500R-1AJF:

Here is an image from Seiya of the GW-M5600R-1JF:

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,552 Posts
Hi Kronos,

I think there is and again there is not too. The watches series are both released this month. They both have orange in their design. Also they have the letter R as suffix behind the model number.
Still only the "Masters" are called Men In Rescue Orange", while the basics do not bear this name.

Since the Men In... series started, they were only Master of G models. I think in the design maybe there have been some doubt to include basic models in a Men In ... series, hence these two basics with this color scheme and the extra "R". The GW-M5600R-1JF looks very good.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GW-M5600R-1JF looks very good.

Cheers,

Sjors
I think so too. It looks great! I have to confess I have one from Seiya on the way.

I quite like the looks of the AWG-M500R-1AJF as well. I think the AWG-500 design looks cool in "standard" G coloring -- the design, overall, is a little less "busy" than some of the other ana-dig models. The AWG-M500R-1AJF keeps that basic understatement, then jazzes it up with orange accents. Very cool indeed.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if there are any other "basics" with orange accents now. How on Earth could I research that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts