WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was recently looking to purchase a Watchadoo on the bay for my Orange Monster, and they were out of the 20mm brushed version that I wanted. I did a little research and found ebay seller Bandfever which has nice solid stainless lumpy style bracelets in various sizes with a butterfly clasp...... for $43 shipped from Bandfever in NY. I went ahead and ordered.

Bracelet arrived yesterday. The initial impression and fit and finish is very impressive. The bracelet is heavy - over 4 oz. according to the seller. It is probably 50% thicker than the stock OM bracelet. Everything is solid stainless including the end links, and the clasp seems well made and secure. The brushed surfaces compliment the monster nicely.

It uses standard friction pins and was easy to size. The main issue with the bracelet the lack of micro-adjustments that you have with a traditional clasp. I had to settle for having the bracelet just a tad more loose than I prefer. This will be a personal thing - some may get a perfect fit.

As another warning, the 2.5mm Seiko spring bars do not fit the bracelet. I then tried the small spring bars that came with the bracelet (likely 1.5mm) and they were too small, as the entire end of the bar would slip into the Monster's drilled lugs. Frustrated, I searched my watch box and found an old rubber strap that had 20mm spring bars and tried them, they are likely 1.7 or 2mm, and they worked perfectly.

In summary, I very much like the bracelet, although it may take a little more fuss than the Watchadoo to fit. It also has a slightly different look than the Watchadoo. The links are longer and less rounded, for a sleeker, less lumpy feel. I like the lumpy look of the Watchadoo. The Bandfever bracelet is also very comfortable. I will definitely keep it. I may end up buying a Watchadoo at some point as well for the better fit and more lumpy goodness..

Pros:
Highly Comfortable
Hidden Butterfly Clasp has better look than traditional Seiko clasp.
High quality solid SS bracelet.
Ships from U.S. (less wait for consumers located here).
Less expensive than Anvil/Watchadoo.

Cons:
Hard to find correct size spring bars
Lack of micro adjustments:-(

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
As a follow up, here is a photo showing the Watchadoo and Bandfever bracelet side by side. Watchadoo pic on right borrowed from member 13gsc13.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the links are longer, and with the longer links and lack of micro adjustment holes, it is difficult to fit. I just put my old OM bracelet back on because the fit was either too big or too small.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I think that bracelet looks great! Nice Combo. I like the hidden butterfly clasp.
What's really nice about your combo is that it is different from the others. Nice to see something different, and a different choice for a change. Great job on your review and pics as well:-!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for posting my bracelet, I just want to say that I now have 20,22,24 and 26mm in 4 designs.
Double lock Polished or Brushed
Butterfly Polished or Brushed
They all come with 1.78mm spring bars.
Bandfever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.