WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. My name is Chief and I am an orangoholic.

Last year I looked for an affordable orange dive watch without a black bezel. I wound up with a nice Prometheus Piranha with the orange dial and SS bezel. It was exactly what I was looking for, but it was a little too big to wear comfortably. I ended up flipping it for a Seiko Sumo, which I wear often, despite the ugly black bezel. I intended to mod the bezel to silver but never got around to it. One of these days.

Fast forward to today and I really wanted an orange watch but not the Seiko. I was just going to to office with a casual button down and wanted orange and yet did not want my Sumo. I would like to find a non-diver with an orange dial or predominantly orange accents.

The two that come to mind are the L&H Spectre and the Bernhardt Binnacle. I owned the Spectre and could not come around to the color after evaluating the prototype with its more subtle shade. Perhaps if I were lookig for bright at the time, it may have stuck. I would consider this again. The Binnacle might be ideal if it were larger.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Orange Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

What else am I missing in this category? For non-orange dials, I'm thinking something with orange subdials or very prominent indices. I'm not looking for something with just an orange second or minute hand. Too subtle for me.

Requirements:
42 (absolute minimum with a tiny, tiny bezel) to 46 mm. My comfort zone is 43-44 without a large bezel.)
No dive bezel or other thick tool bezel.
ability to put on bracelet

Preferences:
fitted bracelet that can still be swapped for straps
auto
no black dial or black bezel (this is still a summer watch)
under $500 (I won't buy one over, but I'd love to see what I'm missing)
under 15mm thick

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Happy summer!

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
I wish I could help. Nothing comes to mind since I only like divers with the exception of a Speedy I'll get one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,749 Posts
By gum Chief, that's a tall order. I keep thinking of orange watches but they're all divers on non affordables.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot about that Seiko recraft. I've had two of that case style and I can't seem to bond with it, but the third time is the charm? Heck, I can't even sell them. Lost my shirt on the first one I had to sell on eBay and can't find anyone to take the red one. They're basically lost money. Good thing they're so cheap. LOL
Definitely looking at Momentum, too. I saw you recommend that on the other post. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yankee, if I come back as a very skinny, very rich man, that Datejust is mine. Been eyeing it for years. There's also an Airking with orange numbers that looks cool. The Speedy is droolworthy.
The Shinola I'll have to look more closely at. I've never paid attention to them but I like the ones I've seen in person on colleagues' wrists.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I meant to post that. Saw it while searching orange watches on Amazon. I could pull off 46, but 48 is a little big even for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts