WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wants me a monster!

Now to decide between the ORANGE or the BLACK!

I like the orange better overall on my wrist, but concerned it will look odd with certain colors...though I mostly wear blue jeans and turtlenecks or polo shirts. Lots of blue and black...

I know, I know...

Get BOTH!!!!

Help, I have SEIKO SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I like the orange better overall on my wrist, but concerned it will look odd with certain colors...
You know you want the orange ... go for it! Don't worry about the color, the Monster is an odd looking watch regardless of color. BTW, I've got an Orange Monster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To me, the Seiko Monster is a distinctive watch. It's very thick and chiseled, much more so that what most guys wear. Thus, I chose orange to complement this. If you're going to do something, do it all the way. If you want a watch that'll match everything you own, get a skx007 or black mako. If you want a watch that grabs the eye, get an OM.

I could see the black monster being a good call if you actually wear the watch for utility, it's probably look very sharp on a black strap or subdued NATO/Zulu.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I prefer the Black Monster, but that's mainly because I've never been too huge a fan of the color orange.

If you're cool with both colors, then you really can't go wrong. To be honest though, it sounds like you've already made up your mind that you want the orange one, so I'd go with that one. Besides, orange goes well with black, blue, and jeans. :-!

The most solid piece of advice I can offer you is this: whichever color you choose, make sure you buy it on bracelet, even if you don't think you'll ever wear it that way. The Monster's bracelet is easily one of it's strongest points, and it's much easier (and cheaper) to acquire a strap later on down the road.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
If you buy it from yobokies, you can get an orange dial with a black chapter ring. I've always liked that mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts