WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very pleased with my new SKX011 on its oyster bracelet with ratchet buckle. The watch arrived in perfect condition from creationwatches in Singapore. The Miltat 22/20mm bracelet is strapcode # SS222017B010.

Watch and band feel very solid and weigh in at 177 gram after resizing; the watch head contributes about 80 gram, and the band before resizing was 116 gram. I had to reshape a 2mm screw driver to 1.9mm width in order to fit the bracelet screws without gouging the holes in the bracelet; just something to be aware of.

The ratchet buckle is great for adjusting on the fly - no fiddling with microadjust springbars anymore! The bracelet is not cheap - especially when added and compared to a $200 Seiko - but you could think of it as adding a $50 solid machined ratchet buckle (strapcode does sell the ratchet buckle alone) and $20 solid end links to a $25 stainless bracelet; then it almost sounds like a deal. :-d

IMG_20180616_110609.jpg IMG_20180616_110734.jpg IMG_20180616_134402.jpg IMG_20180616_134514.jpg

Shipping: the watch was packaged very well, and arrived inside a white Seiko cardboard box with two booklets and a Seiko international warranty card with dealer stamp.
2 business day DHL shipping was included. From placing the order to receiving the watch took about five calendar days, six if you include my trip to DHL at O'Hare; apparently it will take DHL several business days to reschedule if you miss them on their first delivery attempt, but you can pick up your shipment the next day at their local hub. Not perfect, but better than my average UPS experience, who will just repeatedly stick a note to your door instead of making the effort of ringing the door bell....

All in all, a very positive experience. The watch runs fine, currently a little bit too fast, but that might change with running in over the next few days; ditto for the bezel ratcheting action, which hopefully will also soften up. Alignment of dial, chapter ring and bezel is perfect.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I find the black looks darker on my sk011J compared to the bezel on my sk007k.

Must be the same but seems that way.

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Rates in positions for my Seiko SKX011J:

• du : dial up
  • dd : dial down
  • cu : crown up = 3H
  • cr : crown right = 12H
  • cd : crown down = 9H
  • cl : crown left = 6H

This chart should update automatically as I add data to the spreadsheet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts