WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting an orange strap for my Orange Monster, ZULU or rubber. I'm sure some of you guys must have a photo or two of Orange on an OM?
So how about some pictures? :thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Honestly, a black strap with orange stitching would really bring out the orange...too much orange can be overkill.

Angelis

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Honestly, a black strap with orange stitching would really bring out the orange...too much orange can be overkill.

Angelis
I would tend to agree with this.

Not only might it be a bit overkill (at least for my tastes anyhow), but it would bother me if the shade of orange wasn't a good match as well. A color discrepancy would be easier to disguise when you're only dealing with colored stitching.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Angelis
Truly, I cannot agree with Angelis more. One observation is that Seiko provides the BLACK rubber strap for all its Orange JDM Scuba models. It must be for the good reason of 'LOOK' that they keep doing so! :)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Like this?

I don't know if it works aesthetically, but it gets noticed! :-d

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It's a lousy cell phone pic but here is my OM on a Maratac S-Series Zulu. I don't have another pic showing more the the strap handy right now. I could post one after I get home from work.

I really like the look and it's very comfortable--I swing the buckle all the way to the 12 o'clock position and tuck it in. That way, it doesn't interfere with my wrist when I am typing on my keyboard etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
This silicone strap has an orange stitch...just enough to compliment the dial, but not so much as to scream "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M ORANGE". ;-)

Not the greatest pic, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
For sure all orange is over-kill. I have to agree with the majority here and say black with orange highlights.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
This silicone strap has an orange stitch...just enough to compliment the dial, but not so much as to scream "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M ORANGE". ;-)

Scotty:

That is SUPERB! You see how the contrast stitching actually helps one focus on the orange dial? Has that been all orange, it would have drowned out the dial.

Angelis

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Angelis,

You always seem to show off the sweetest looking colorful watch/strap combos man, and that one is the bomb for sure!

No wonder I feel compelled to pick up a Monster...lol

Cheers my brother,
Jim

·
Registered
685 Posts
That's an awesome strap! The orange stitching really complements the face, what kind and where did you find it?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now I'm wearing a black Zulu on my Orange Monster and I've ordered an Orange Zulu from Watchadoo. They have the long straps that fit my 8 1/2" wrist and they feel very comfortable. Where can I find a black silicone with the orange stitching? That really looks sharp.
Thanks for the great pictures.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts