WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi folks!

Regarding the movement issue, my sample is using the lowly Sea-Gull ST-2130 (2824-2 clone). As noted by Silent Speaker, production watches of the Snowflake will be available with either the Sea-Gull ST-1812 (2892-A2 clone) or the Soprod A-10. Soprod is a very well respected Swiss maker of movements who have supplied base movements to the likes of Panerai in the past.

In my sample, I have been able to regulate the Sea-Gull to approx. +2 seconds a day timed & averaged over 8 days. That's accurate enough for my needs & probably anyone else's. Also, I have worn the watch for over a month straight and the movement has proven itself to be very robust, being jarred & bumped regularly thanks to my current type of work.

That being said, the quality of the watch is high enough that I don't think you would embarrass it by choosing the Soprod movement.

Dave
will there be a 44mm version?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The OWC milsub and "tudor" style watches look great, the only slight reservation I have is that the logo looks too much like the logo used for the London Underground: http://heathrowkennedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/london-underground-logo.png?w=300&h=239
The logo will most likely have to change due to the trademark issues Dan is having right now. I have seen a preview of what a new logo might look like and it doesn't have the connection to the London Underground. Although I rather like the look of the first logo as well.

·
Registered
872 Posts
will there be a 44mm version?
NO NO and thank the gods NO!

Now, why don't you go eat a Panerai! :-|
=-=-=-=-=
Actually, I have no clue :p

However, Dan's OS-2800 (straight sub style I think), will be 44mm, which is a WIP at the moment.

I don't doubt that if these current ventures (and the others the maker has lined up - an odd yet alluring explorer1/milsub mix, the big sub and some kind of chrono) do well, then larger Milsubs and Snowflakes would begin to appear as an option. :-!
-=-=-=-=-=-
It is perhaps inevitable, of course, being the 'style' or 'fad' of the day -- not larger watches, gods no! I'm talking about a style of theft! How the giants are stealing all the good designs for themselves, and leaving nothing but vintage stuffs (nice though they are...) for the mass-challenged! :-|

(that PAM goin' down well? Try addin' a little salt, you cyclopean beastie :p)

·
Registered
119 Posts
The logo will most likely have to change due to the trademark issues Dan is having right now. I have seen a preview of what a new logo might look like and it doesn't have the connection to the London Underground. Although I rather like the look of the first logo as well.
Okay, great (though I feel sorry for Dan having to change it due to trademark issues), I look forward to seeing the new logo!

·
Registered
119 Posts
NO NO and thank the gods NO!

Now, why don't you go eat a Panerai! :-|
Indeed, please, please keep the Milsub and Tudor hommages at 40mm please! If I want a bigger watch, it won't be a Rolex-hommage...

I do have one (two actually) heretical suggestion(s), though, offer a version with a date (as an option, not instead of no date), also I wish manufacturers of normal Sub homages (and Rolex themselves, for that matter) would offer date versions without a damn cyclops! Also, why do no manufacturers (apart from Steinhart's 'Vintage' models, but these are 42mm and have acrylic crystals) offer "no date" versions of their Sub homages?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I think part of the allure of OWC is the sensible sized watches instead of the oversized trend of most of the recent boutique divers. I for one look forward to his offerings and hope to own some OWC watches.

I, like many other members here, have been communicating with Dan, and it sounds like he has many exciting ideas. He has told me he will reveal some more projects this summer. I like how he is planning on using different movement and materials that other boutique brands don't do. OWC's innovations are something I find refreshing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well Twig...

Your first pics made me take a second look at OWC that lead to a preorder of a 9401 and this one expanded my collection to include three of this style strap from Modena, black 22mm shown on my LRRP, blue 20 waiting for my 9401 and a black 20 for the Kingston.

Thanks for the pics and the information, greatly appreciated.

Hey Sean!

That combo looks great! Looking forward to seeing the Kingston too.

Dave

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Just looked at the owc website. Could do with some more pictures of the watches for sale and the varying configurations. I've seen some cool watches here with the snowflake dial, ceramic like bezel and so forth but can't find them on his site. Do you simply request a configuration?

ALso was just trying to do a bit of background research on this watch and found that Dan is banned from the site. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yeah, you can simply request a config -- e-mail him. If you click on the milsub watch portion of the site and scroll down, you can see specs of the various standard models he offers. I get the feeling he'd try to be accommodating to special requests, though.

Just looked at the owc website. Could do with some more pictures of the watches for sale and the varying configurations. I've seen some cool watches here with the snowflake dial, ceramic like bezel and so forth but can't find them on his site. Do you simply request a configuration?

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
ALso was just trying to do a bit of background research on this watch and found that Dan is banned from the site. Anyone know why?
I can't get into details, but it was for violations of WUS rules. At the time the ban occurred, I don't think that OWC had even shipped any product yet, so it had nothing to do with the watches themselves.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Yeah, you can simply request a config -- e-mail him. If you click on the milsub watch portion of the site and scroll down, you can see specs of the various standard models he offers. I get the feeling he'd try to be accommodating to special requests, though.
Would be nice to see the various configurations available and some kind of graphics to give an idea

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Would be nice to see the various configurations available and some kind of graphics to give an idea
I think if you google orange watch company you will find other forums that have more coverage and pictures.

Moderators if I'm not supposed to post this type of info please let me know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Switched straps:

I like the fact that the OWC watches get the bezel coin edge "correct", i.e. rather than a "true" coin edge like the Steinhart and most other hommages (including Mk.II, I think), it has "true" Rolex-style coin edge i.e. just "nicks" in bezel edge. Much neater, I think...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My strap collection for my MS-9401

Timefactors Orange Bond RAF, Timefactors Speedbird RAF, Stocker Yale Beefy, Modena Ridgo, Modena Flat Silicone, NOS Curved End perforated tropic, NOS slotted tropic, bottom, Custom K-Straps FROG on polished RHD double deployant.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My strap collection for my MS-9401

Timefactors Orange Bond RAF, Timefactors Speedbird RAF, Stocker Yale Beefy, Modena Ridgo, Modena Flat Silicone, NOS Curved End perforated tropic, NOS slotted tropic, bottom, Custom K-Straps FROG on polished RHD double deployant.
WOW! That's quite an assortment! Are you sure you're ready?

That Timefactors Orange Bond looks great. Might just be the "Bond" I've been looking for for mine.

Dave

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.