WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep asking them for a refund and they tell me to keep waiting.

I tried to call Paypal and they don't answer the phone due to the coronavirus so I filled out a form, which they sent to Meranom who will ignore it.

Never again.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
That sucks.

If you really want that watch, it might be worth waiting.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm certain its because of the pandemic. But good idea starting the process anyway. I am still waiting on something from St. Petersburg for about the same time. Its coming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered a 170683 about 3 weeks ago. Everything coming in i taking longer with what's going on. I have ordered before and it usually takes a while. I would be patient for a little longer but 70 days is quite a while and more then usual. Have you checked the tracking I'm assuming and see if it's been given off to USPS. I had one incident where they had it for about 10 days before I finally got a notice in my mail box to come in to post office.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I understand how frustrating it is, I currently have two watches held up in Russia. One is from Meranom and the other is the most expensive piece I've ever bought. However please take into consideration that once the package is mailed they have no control over it , especially in such bizarre circumstances.

It would probably be the same regardless of who the seller was. Also, how can they send you a refund for something still in the system that you are more than likely going to receive? Some people would just keep the watch and the refund.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the same boat as well. Now at least I know you can receive your watch earlier than me. 35 more days for me to get to the same point you are today.

The watch that I have waited for 2 years for reissue finally released and I ordered right away. 35 days later the package is still stuck somewhere in the Russian postal system right after release from customs 27 days ago.

Buying from Russia and ship via Russian Post means we must accept delay as a norm. Is all about economics, no carrier is willing to operate at a loss, so delay and long queue is inevitable. With the pandemic in Europe and now starting to expand in Russia, more delay is to be expected as flights cancelled and manpower reduced.

Next time, if I order again from Russia, I will check into faster paid shipping option instead of free shipping where package is going via parcel post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here!

I didn’t buy a watch. I bought an exhibition caseback, a strap and a blank stainless bezel from Meranom. I ordered on February 10, still nothing....

Granted, my package was released from Russia, though no follow up on where it currently is now, or when it may arrive...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah, I've got two watches in separate orders, on the way from them. Radio rooms! I sure wouldn't be asking for a refund, since the situation is not their fault. When the problem clears up, we'll get our watches.

Heheh. I finally realise that all I really need are Vostoks and Casios, but too late! Well, a few Seikos too. Then again, the Monsters are pretty much as close as Seiko gets to a Vostok.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
All this sort of reminds me of the time Russia Post decided that it would be so much cheaper to put all the "Air Mail" packages in a shipping container.

Then wait until it was full.

Then put it on a ship and send it on it's merry way.

Most times it took around 3 months to fill the container and then another month on the actual ship in transit time.

Oh those were the days :-!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I keep asking them for a refund and they tell me to keep waiting.

I tried to call Paypal and they don't answer the phone due to the coronavirus so I filled out a form, which they sent to Meranom who will ignore it.

Never again.
Hello
You write to us that you made the order 60 days ago, 02/03 - February 3.

We have already written to you several times that you placed your order on March 2, and this is 30 days less.

02/03 in the Russian order of the calendar date means March 2, and not February 3.

You can see in your card statement when the order was paid.

You have 180 days to open Paypal dispute.

To everyone:

Due to the Covid19 coronavirus epidemic, many countries stopped air traffic or many flights were canceled.
Therefore, many postal items are delayed at the stage of export from Russia - the parcel passes through Russian customs and further awaits shipment from Russia.
But since it was already said that many flights were canceled, the parcels were (will) be sent by groundmail or by sea, which can add 1-2 months for delivery.
Further, upon arrival in the country of destination, some postal services also work with delays - the number of employees in customs or post service may be reduced there.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Strange, I received fly tying materials (fur & feathers) one package from Finland and the other from the UK just this week / today. Time on both was right at 2 weeks including customs in America. Of course these were not from Russia.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I lost several watch packages over the past few years, some from Russia, some from Ukraine, some from other locations around the world. Most of those I've been able to track down were lost upon arrival into my home country--which is supposed to be a "developped" one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I understand how frustrating it is, I currently have two watches held up in Russia. One is from Meranom and the other is the most expensive piece I've ever bought. However please take into consideration that once the package is mailed they have no control over it , especially in such bizarre circumstances.

It would probably be the same regardless of who the seller was. Also, how can they send you a refund for something still in the system that you are more than likely going to receive? Some people would just keep the watch and the refund.

Ohh I can't stand it...Please tell us about this most expensive watch.

·
Registered
604 Posts
As a result, the buyer still opened a dispute.

I actually ordered the watch on 2/3/2020. Meranom said the average delivery time is 20 days. It's now been 70 days and my watch is still in Russia.
20 days is the average delivery time to USA that was before the coronovirus epidemic. Now delivery times have increased.

the buyer does not understand that he bought the goods on March 2, and not on February 3.

And does not understand about average values.

It turns out like this:
The first buyer received the order in 10 days.
second buyer in 30 days.
The average is 20 days.

The third buyer opens a dispute after 25 days, because he did not receive the parcel in 20 days.

·
Registered
957 Posts
As a result, the buyer still opened a dispute.

20 days is the average delivery time to USA that was before the coronovirus epidemic. Now delivery times have increased.

the buyer does not understand that he bought the goods on March 2, and not on February 3.

And does not understand about average values.

It turns out like this:
The first buyer received the order in 10 days.
second buyer in 30 days.
The average is 20 days.

The third buyer opens a dispute after 25 days, because he did not receive the parcel in 20 days.

I think we all realise you had a proper pillock there and understand your frustration.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Given that 1/ Russian Post can be 'slow' and 2/ the current world situation, I'd just sit back and wait it out, no point in getting all upset over it - once something is in any postal system, it's out of the senders hands, so can't lay the blame at their doorstep - I'm waiting for some packages myself from various places, but not going to 'kick off' if they're late arriving - they'll turn up when they arrive.

I should hope that PayPal will be sensible and delaying any actions on orders that are late being delivered to reflect the current world situation (but I wouldn't want to be a seller relying on them taking that attitude!)

1 - 20 of 185 Posts