WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Exactly Dmtry. I watch a parcel travel round the world recently and it arrived in Australia and it stopped in Brisbane for a MONTH!! Eventually it arrived. I run a bipod business ( we make shooting bipods), we are waiting for so much stuff we need to make them as post is crazy slow at the moment. Some things arrive in days others take litterally months.
I ask people how many things have you ever ordered that never arrived?
Answer is it is non or very few. People need to relax calm down it will arrive, it is just a watch you wont die without it.
Post from Russia takes (to Aus anyway) 6 weeks AT BEST so add corona virus dont be surprised if it is months. It will arrive and it will be a surprise when it does, chill everyone.
Chris
i politely disagree. Yes, there is no need for a heated arguments or anything like that BUT
You are talking about watches that you got from Meranom and can get another one tomorrow. What if I was hunting for a watch for 2 years? What if this watch is coming on sale only once every few years? Then, most vintage watches are quite fragile: old lume, old dial paint, old tired plexi. Do you think such watch benefits from months in some warehouse in god knows what thermal conditions? I am NOT requesting a refund from my sellers because it is not about money! And given that I am still getting the watches from every other country except Russia leads me to believe it is not just the virus to blame.... delay of a month is understandable. But lets count together: March, Aipril, May, June.... it is 5th month for me now...

On a positive note, these watches will be last that I will sell when I decide to pass my collection to the next generations of collectors. And I will ask for 1 million $! :) Given the amount of troubles these watches caused me I think it will be a fair price! 😝

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
What else can we do. At least there is some movement in the international shipments!
I have no watches in transit from Russia but I paid for two watches over two months ago that are still 'on hold' in Italy and Germany. Sellers in both countries still say "No shipping to Oz yet."
So I wait. Patiently because there's nothing I can do about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just another one to add to the list... Ordered a couple Komandirskies from Ebay on 20 April. Last update was 25 April "Processed Through Facility MOSKVA PCI-21".

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i politely disagree. Yes, there is no need for a heated arguments or anything like that BUT
You are talking about watches that you got from Meranom and can get another one tomorrow. What if I was hunting for a watch for 2 years? What if this watch is coming on sale only once every few years? Then, most vintage watches are quite fragile: old lume, old dial paint, old tired plexi. Do you think such watch benefits from months in some warehouse in god knows what thermal conditions? I am NOT requesting a refund from my sellers because it is not about money! And given that I am still getting the watches from every other country except Russia leads me to believe it is not just the virus to blame.... delay of a month is understandable. But lets count together: March, Aipril, May, June.... it is 5th month for me now...

On a positive note, these watches will be last that I will sell when I decide to pass my collection to the next generations of collectors. And I will ask for 1 million $! :) Given the amount of troubles these watches caused me I think it will be a fair price! 😝
It always did take 1-2 months to get watches from Russia to Australia, I ordered and just wait, they always arrive. Now stuff is taking 1-2 month from destinations that normally take a week so big deal if it takes months from Russia they will arrive eventually. Re Meranom they are new watches anyway and designed to be very waterproof and take freezing and hot temps so a little holiday in a warehouse is not going to do new or older watches much harm. Chill they will arrive when you least expect it. I have a turntable cartridge that cost a lot of money coming from UK it stopped moving on the 22nd of last month, last parcel stopped in Aus for a month, not worth stressing over they will get here.
Chris

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I just received a notification from meranom that my third watch has been delivered. I should find the three in my mailbox when I'll be back from lockdown de-location in a couple of weeks--if my local post service did what they say they did... always a bigger unknown than the Russian post office :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
How come I just found this thread? 🤦🏻‍♂️
I've been waiting for months for a watch I bought from Vostok's official store, thinking that it got lost somewhere in transit... I mean, the tracking says that the item was released from customs and exported, so I assumed it had already left Russia. Now I know I just have to be patient and my package is not lost, just trying to catch a plane. 😊

·
Registered
749 Posts
How come I just found this thread? 🤦🏻‍♂️
I've been waiting for months for a watch I bought from Vostok's official store, thinking that it got lost somewhere in transit... I mean, the tracking says that the item was released from customs and exported, so I assumed it had already left Russia. Now I know I just have to be patient and my package is not lost, just trying to catch a plane. 😊
Or a ship ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well my first watch I ordered back in March has just showed up on tracking in NYC first sign of life after clearing customs in Moscow on March 29. So if things keep working properly I hope to see it by Wed 07/22 I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well only the usps can give me the reason for this but it went from NYC to Norfolk Va and now back up to Fairfax, I am just outside of Wash DC "the great circle route" I guess!

181 - 200 of 225 Posts