WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I had one show up today that was not on my radar, when I got up today I had a e-mail from Meranom that I was getting a shipment today and it was at my post office. And the mailman just dropped it off this afternoon, I will wait and see if the other one I have been waiting for from March shows up tomorrow. It's really Christmas in July!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Speaking of Meranom, has anyone else noticed that the UPS shipping option is no longer available for US customers?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is en-route from NYC as of yesterday. Ordered in May. I'm hopeful I will see it by the end of the week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Speaking of Meranom, has anyone else noticed that the UPS shipping option is no longer available for US customers?
I wonder if that is because the shipping is almost back to normal? I know when I first ordered this watch back in March their was no offer of UPS shipping to the usa. Then in early July you could use UPS which I did and got the watch in 5 days. I wonder if it costs them extra also?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Since I received both watches I ordered in March one from Meranom and one from Scuba Dude in the last two days I placed another one I was looking at on order. Where the UPS option shows up is when you are filling out the info ie the drop down menu when you come to shipping it shows both the UPS option and the Free shipping. If you don't fill out the shipping info you will never see it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just posted in the "Virus and Packages" thread in this forum an image (so I won't bother posting the picture in this thread too since I guess most of us look at both) but I am very happy to report that Correios do Brasil (aka Brazilian Post Office) eventually managed to deliver my Meranom package today (it arrived in Brazil on the 10th).

Personally I'll stick with Russia Post for my next Meranom order; whenever UPS get involved I can almost guarantee customs charges are involved and for some reason they are always higher than the customs charges levied if another courier (e.g. DHL) is involved... ...absolutely no idea why that is the case but it happened to me in Australia and it's happened here a couple of times (and by customs charges I mean the import duty and not UPS or DHL handling fees).

Reactions: tokareva and Kotsov

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ordered a Vostok 350514 on March 15. Arrived today, July 25. 132 days. Not too bad considering current worldwide conditions with the COVID-19 impact.
Two other two Vostoks I ordered early in 2020 arrived within several weeks.
Still awaiting a 4th Vostok ordered March 26th, a week and a half after the 350514.
The 350514 was ordered through Meranom and the one I am waiting on (460320) was ordered through Komandirskie.
I really do like the Vostok watch line. Good quality, accurate, durable, a real deal for the cost.

Reactions: tokareva

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sort of an update here (see post #209 above):
Received an email regarding the tracking and delivery.
Just before the watch left Russia, it spent 'about' a month and a half idle.
Then is was quickly delivered to the United States.
Just after the watch arrived in the United States, it again spent about a month and a half idle.
Likely both of the idle periods were due to COVID-19 issues.
Delivery after that last 'hold' was quick.

·
Registered
388 Posts
  • Purchase date 5/27/20
  • Arrived Christopol P.O. 5/28/20
  • Moved through various local distribution centers
  • Arrived Khimki distribution center 7/6/20
  • Arrived NY, USA 7/24/20
  • Progressing through system for delivery
Two months today from order date. Will be 2 months and a few days until delivery if it doesn’t get stuck in the U.S. system. No guarantee on timely movement here either! Better than some have experienced.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Got my order placed in May today!! I am confused however, the watch I ordered looks a tad different than what I received. I actually like the watch I received so I’m good with it but it’s confusing. The model is 219524... the photo on top is from the sellers website where I ordered it and the bottom picture is what I received. The paperwork that came with the watch I received confirms the model # as being 219524. Same model number but two very different colors

·
Registered
709 Posts
Got my order placed in May today!! I am confused however, the watch I ordered looks a tad different than what I received. I actually like the watch I received so I’m good with it but it’s confusing. The model is 219524... the photo on top is from the sellers website where I ordered it and the bottom picture is what I received. The paperwork that came with the watch I received confirms the model # as being 219524. Same model number but two very different colors View attachment 15371467 View attachment 15371468
Are you referring to the bezel color? If so, I believe that this is simply a matter of lighting made by the seller when they photographed it.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I can understand variances in color due to lighting; but I don’t see any gold color at all in their photo. Looks like a chrome color to me.

201 - 220 of 225 Posts