WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
2020-06-06 02:19 Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Export of international mail

Last line of tracking for an Elektronika ordered on 05/28. At least everyone else's posts give me some hope.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I can understand variances in color due to lighting; but I don’t see any gold color at all in their photo. Looks like a chrome color to me.
That's the trouble with photos, sometimes they are 'washed out', and the colours are lighter than they actually are.

Fairly sure that with the watch 'references',

The first two numbers are the case design

Third number is the case material (fairly sure that it's 0-stainless steel, 1- chrome plated brass, and 9- TiN finish)

The last 3 numbers are the dial design.

Daresay if I'm wrong (could easily be) an expert will be along with the correct information.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Thanks for the information, good to know on the model # info indicating SS, chrome or tin. I will definitely keep that in mind when I order my next one. I like this gold tone though, so it's kind of a nice surprise

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thanks for the information, good to know on the model # info indicating SS, chrome or tin. I will definitely keep that in mind when I order my next one. I like this gold tone though, so it's kind of a nice surprise
There's not that many that have the gold tone - case styles 21, 43, 53 and 83 - and even fewer bezels, (I think only 2).
Only reason that I have found out all this, is that I've been looking for a case for a project and it's stuff that has stuck in my mind (did think about a TiN case, but the lack of bezels put that idea into touch (after a bezel that's got 5 minute divisions)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got my 2 watches after 4 months since ordered. Ordered a Komandarskie & an Amphibia on 23rd March. They shipped it pretty quick but shipment got stuck at Russian export dock. Meranom is very good in replying to the inquires. They also posted the timeline of the expected deliveries. Mine arrived on 27th of July. I would suggest to stay patient.

·
Registered
799 Posts
More follow up from my earlier posts 209 and 211.
Ordered a Vostok 460320 from Komandirskie on March 26 and finally received it today, August 4th. 131 days. Almost the same amount of time it took to get the 350514.
Of course we all know this is caused by the COVID-19 pandemic fiasco.
The 460320 is really nice with the date and 24 hour wheels. And I like that the hands, indices and Arabic numerals are all lumed. You don't often see this much lume spread around on Vostoks.
The case seems to be chrome plated (brass I suppose? No big issue for me whether steel or brass.)
The slightly domed crystal of this model barely protrudes above the bezel. All my other Vostok's have very high crystals.
Two complaints:
First, the bezel is almost too tight to turn, almost as if it is frozen. Once broken loose, it goes around easily until you get near "12" where it freezes. And it does not seem to be able to be aligned exactly at "12". No big deal as I don't use the bezel anyway, and it is close enough. Vostok bezels seem to have gone from "too loose" to "too tight."
The second issue is they sent it with an extremely long "XL" Stailer strap. I guess I could wear it around my ankle as it is way too long for my 6.5" arm. Heh. Strap change time!
This is my fourth Vostok and I am very happy with all of them.
Low cost to purchase, accurate, durable, decent technology, and they are just plain "fun".

Reactions: Kotsov

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I had 3 packages coming from Russia, that took between 1 and 5 months to make the trip. All signaled as delivered in July--I was off in vacation. I called my national post office to make sure all had been effectively delivered. Coming back home a couple of days ago, only two parcels in the mailbox... So one stolen by my national post office workers (the new 059 Neptune)... When buying in Russia/Ukraine/wherever in the world, I always start shaking when the product arrives in my home country--never sure it will be able to finish off the trip for the last 10 kms or so :(

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had 3 packages coming from Russia, that took between 1 and 5 months to make the trip. All signaled as delivered in July--I was off in vacation. I called my national post office to make sure all had been effectively delivered. Coming back home a couple of days ago, only two parcels in the mailbox... So one stolen by my national post office workers (the new 059 Neptune)... When buying in Russia/Ukraine/wherever in the world, I always start shaking when the product arrives in my home country--never sure it will be able to finish off the trip for the last 10 kms or so :(
That's the trouble with having the contents listed on the outside of the package - lets everyone know what's inside, all ok if you've got honest delivery workers. Hopefully you'll get it sorted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well it seems the shipping problems are over I just received a 090914M with two extra case backs the Orca and the Small window back and the Vostok Amphibia Universal Grille Bezel, now to play with my other Vostok's to see which one's gets the new parts. Plus it only took 14 days with the standard free shipping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well it seems the shipping problems are over I just received a 090914M with two extra case backs the Orca and the Small window back and the Vostok Amphibia Universal Grille Bezel, now to play with my other Vostok's to see which one's gets the new parts. Plus it only took 14 days with the standard free shipping.
You’re very lucky, my Vostok from meranom shipped out on June 23rd and hasn’t moved at all since July 3rd. It seems that it’s still in Russia but I can’t get the Russian post to give me any details. I also did the cheaper shipping and I regret it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just for s*** and giggles, I've just ordered parts from Meranom and Komandirskie via Russia Post, and currently Komandirskie arrived to the US and Meranom is still in Russia according to last scanned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's all a crap shoot. I had some orders with no movement after cleaning customs in Moscow and then I get a message that the item is being delivered today it's at my local post office. No showing it clearing customs in NY Islip, just Boom it's here and out for delivery. You never know!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Oh my goodness. This weekend, the Elektronika resurfaced after two months of radio silence, this time at JFK Customs in New York. Today, it's in Illinois. I live in Pennsylvania.

View attachment 15390420
Seems like a lot of the watches are copying Nomad & Sergei & going on 'world tours' - just not getting any reports from their travels!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had a number of packages not just from Russia, but also the USA just go on a great circle route. I have had a few go to Texas and FL before they show up in Virginia and they were shipped out of IL. now they were book rate and free to me so it just what happens.

(Admin Edit: Leave Politics Off The Forum Please)

221 - 240 of 263 Posts