WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yes, we all understand that. But, as a logical individual, I am trying to rationalize things.
Don't even bother, its ludicrous. A few weeks ago the police would make you pay a few hundred quid for not having enough safety distance on the street and the media would crucify you for any security breach.

Today you can go prison shower close to anyone and protest in thousands on the street. Does this spread the virus? That question is not a sentence worth in the articles :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Believe me it's not Just Russia.

Three weeks ago I ordered something from a store 5 km from my work place and 27 km from home in Sydney (The strore was only open while I was at work) .
Tracking said it had arrived at my local sorting centre next day, me thinks fantastic I'm going to get it tomorrow .
WRONG
Despite Australia post stating everything is now to be moved around this huge country by truck instead of aircraft and despite the fact the state borders are closed , My package managed to fly almost 3000 km to the other side of the country to Western Australia overnight.

And yes you've guessed right, It had to come back to Sydney by a truck driven in reverse all the way, 16 days to cover 27 km.

Also :-
I am waiting for three watches sent from Chistopol on April 1....I do hope Russia doesn't know about April fools day.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Expired reported by 17track means nothing. They are not the carrier, just a database fetcher making automatic assumptions based on age of data.

I hope by the time the package arrives, it won't become something like this when I open the box.
Original article: https://www.boredpanda.com/moldy-shoes-bags-two-months-covid-lockdown/?utm_source=getpocket&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=organic

View attachment 15198225
Missing the left shoe? WW1 boot fiasco springs to mind;-)

·
Registered
531 Posts
We'll see how long my order takes - don't mind if it does drag on, I'll wait as it's my first from Meranom and I'll hopefully get up to speed and the last of the tools I'll need to fit the movement by the time it gets here (just need hand puller & presser, so I can swap dial & hands over)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Have a couple of packages somewhere in the mail for close to 3 months now. Just ordered another one... Russian roulette is so addictive ;)

This is obviously just to make a joke. I've been very satisfied with meranom's services over the years. No doubt they will help whenever they will be able to--current situation seems to be beyond anyone's reach.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's not just Meranom or Russia Post. I've got parcels from the US (USPS) backed up in NY. The oldest one's been there for only 2 weeks less than my oldest parcel stuck in Russia.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This pandemic causes too much delay not only in Russia. I had a few purchases which arrived in time (thankful for it), and others which have been taking forever to come.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sign of life in the Russian postal service:

2020-06-09 00:56
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Export of international mail

2020-05-27 10:44
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

Not too bad as had been ordered mid-May.

Not yet at home but assuming it will eventually arrive, still another two in the system and one from Ukraine. It would make sense stop buying watches for now... but you know what.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Export of international mail

Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

Not yet at home but assuming it will eventually arrive, still another two in the system and one from Ukraine. It would make sense stop buying watches for now... but you know what.
Ooooo. I wish the situation improves.... keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well, my package entered the lottery today, we'll see what happens:-d:-!
It doesn't seem too bad from Russia to the UK at the moment. Mine didn't take long at all, despite seeming to vanish for a short while from having any tracking update. Didn't you say you'd ordered one to mod? I'd be really keen to see before and after pics.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

LOL! Your package is probably sitting right next to my Electronika! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well so far only 75 days and nothing let's hope something shows in the next 30 days!
Day 105 since ordered and released by custom house 94 days ago.
=DATEDIF("TheDateIOrdered", TODAY(), "D")+1

Too itchy for me, so when another batch is available, I ordered one more and this time paid for UPS delivery. Now 3 days after pickup, it is expected to arrive later today. 🤞

·
Registered
354 Posts
As well as my package from Meranom which like many others is currently on vacation near Moscow I am waiting three shipments from the USA - all New York(ish) area. The one ordered 11 May has just arrived in Roissy France which seems a really bizarre route to take from New York to Sao Paulo! The one ordered June 6 has just arrived in Rio (so I expect that to take another 4-6 weeks to get to Sao Paulo) and the one ordered June 11 is in Houston TX waiting for a flight to Brazil. I am really puzzled why a parcel going from New York to Brazil would be routed via Paris:-s

121 - 140 of 185 Posts