WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find where to ask this on the site, so I figured this was the next best place to ask. I also knew I could get a quicker response from here.

When placing an order, the form asks you for the Price, and the E-mail address. Do they want the price in Yen, or Dollars? For the email address, do I put my email address up there, as well as down with my shipping information? Or do I put their email address? If it is theirs, what is it?

V

·
0 Posts
It takes about 2 days if you're in a major American city (e.g. SF, NYC,Chicago). 3-4 days for more out of the way places. Higuchi is usually faster than USPS or Fed-Ex ground from SF to say, Chicago.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It takes about 2 days if you're in a major American city (e.g. SF, NYC,Chicago). 3-4 days for more out of the way places. Higuchi is usually faster than USPS or Fed-Ex ground from SF to say, Chicago.
How long after you order does it usually take to ship out?

·
Registered
538 Posts
How long after you order does it usually take to ship out?
Katsu San will ship out once your order is confirmed unless he is away. I recently placed an order with him online. Later I gave him a call just to be sure, and he sent my watch 3 days later as he had a Singaporean guest with him that 2 days. I received my watch after 7 days but ordinarily it will arrive in 4 days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Need some help !

Ordered from Higuchi, EMS Japan Post got the package into the US in four days to JFK in NYC.
However the EMS tracking says that one attempt to deliver failed due to the fact that no one was home. (Didn`t know I needed to be).
The FAQ on the EMS site says that the "delivery post office" will hold the package for 15 days. Does the term, "deliver post office" mean the local US Post Office?
The EMS site makes reference to a "request for redelivery" but the International toll free numbers do not connect and there is no box to click online for inquiries???
Anyone dealt with this?
Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thank you, andrew

You may reply directly to [email protected] if you wish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Higuchi uses EMS which is tied with many international post offices (USPS is affiliated). Tracking with USPS.com should have the information you need, not EMS Japan. Call USPS to schedule a local pickup, rather than delivery. I believe they hold the item for 15 days after 2 failed attempts.

Ordering from Higuchi twice took me about 7 days to receive from time of ordering to receiving. He sent confirmation e-mails about when plans to process the order and when he ships out.

Here's what I have deduced. Takes 1 day for Higuchi to take the order and process the payment. Two days in transit in Japan to reach Japan's major hubs. Another 1-2 days to reach destination. One day to clear custums. One day for actual delivery attempt. Seven days for me.

Ordered and received a flawless Blue Sumo from Japan to San Francisco. But there was a big story behind the order. Glad it worked out for me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got an email on the 18th saying my watch would ship on the 20th. I havent gotten any emails since then. Does Higuchi usually send a notification email saying that the order shipped?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got a feeling like you're dangling in the wind? Don't worry, I went thru this with him also.

Yes. When he actually shipped the item out for me, he sent an e-mail with tracking information (usually the 2nd e-mail). You can try calling the store if you want to pay the charges. One thing I can definitely say for sure is that Katsu is an honest man, albeit a little slow on his e-mails. His prices are very good and I'll pay a premium for honesty.

BTW, it's Xmas around the world also, so things get hectic for everyone as it is with Katsu. Good luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a feeling like you're dangling in the wind? Don't worry, I went thru this with him also.

Yes. When he actually shipped the item out for me, he sent an e-mail with tracking information (usually the 2nd e-mail). You can try calling the store if you want to pay the charges. One thing I can definitely say for sure is that Katsu is an honest man, albeit a little slow on his e-mails. His prices are very good and I'll pay a premium for honesty.

BTW, it's Xmas around the world also, so things get hectic for everyone as it is with Katsu. Good luck.

I figure christmas is causing the delay.

I'm hoping he shipped it and forgot to send the e-mail. THat would be a lot better than if it hasn't shipped yet, and thats why there has been no email.

It's not a Christmas gift or anything, so it doesn't matter how late it gets here. I just hate waiting for packages, no matter how fast they arrive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I figure christmas is causing the delay.

I'm hoping he shipped it and forgot to send the e-mail. THat would be a lot better than if it hasn't shipped yet, and thats why there has been no email.

It's not a Christmas gift or anything, so it doesn't matter how late it gets here. I just hate waiting for packages, no matter how fast they arrive.
In my case Mr. Higuchi shipped on the 12th of Dec, arrived at JFK in NYC on the 14th, (these are "rough" dates in the sense that some of this stuff happened at all times around the clock. The package then went directly to the USPS distribution point in my area arriving on a Sunday the 16th.
This is where the USPS tracking stopped. The USPS distribution and tracking was not updated on Monday morning to reflect that the package had been sent to my local PO so I went to track it down at the distribution center and found out that it was at my local PO. Back down the road 10 minutes and there it was, no problem.
This was my very first experience with Mr. Higuchi and I can say it was very accurate, smooth and well tracked for the most part.
andrew
P.S. Thanks to all the forum members who were kind enough to respond with their experience to allay my discomfort when I thought the shipment was going awry.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone had any contact with Higuchi over the past few days? I still haven't heard anything about my watch since their original response stating that they received my order.

Is he away?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts