WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I received my Orient 300M from Orient USA using the first time buyers discount I got with help from MiniDriver for $900 inc. shipping. That's a pretty sweet deal.

When I first received my Sumo, I was really surprised by the quality and in-person beauty of that watch and reported it here. On the other hand, I was expecting the Orient to exhibit those qualities and I am not disappointed. It is a beautiful watch and everything about it says quality.

I've been wearing it for about a day and I've got to say this is a big watch. It makes my Sumo look and feel insubstantial. Yet, size wise if wears well. It's tall but I don't wear dress shirts to work, anyway. Weight is another story. It is heavy. Heavy enough that I don't know if I'll continue to use it as a daily wearer but I probably will.

I've heard people complain about the Sumo diver's extension and now I see why. The 300M's is much better and simpler to use.

The dial is great. From looking at web photos, I always thought the the power-reserve display would be a distraction but in real life I don't notice it unless I look for it. It's actually a pretty neat indicator of how much activity is needed to wind the watch (not much, apparently) and I'm glad it's there.

There's a lot of competition among ~$1K dive watches. If you're planning to buy such a watch, you should seriously consider the Orient 300M.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Boy that is gorgeous! :p
I'm grateful that that offer was only for US citizens or I would be with a hole in my account :-d.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks super nice man!!!
Do you happen to have the Sumo still?

Maybe you can take pics of both!

Take care

MM

·
6,731 Posts
Congrats Nikos:-!

The OS300 is on my short list. It's like a XXL Seiko SKXXXX but only better|>

Enjoy that beautiful bad boy;-)

·
6,731 Posts
Cool Nikos,

Man the OS300 is big n chunky, I love it. It just moved up to the #2 spot on the short list:-!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
That is an awesome looking watch. I like the orange and yellow dial variants, also, but the black dial variant is just killer. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Man that is a nice diver. I've always known they are nice, but your pics show it off in a different light. I often wished my wrists would handle such a watch....looks great on yours! A big hand and enjoy :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man that is a nice diver. I've always known they are nice, but your pics show it off in a different light. I often wished my wrists would handle such a watch....looks great on yours! A big hand and enjoy :)
:thanks

If I can wear it, I think anyone can. My wrist is only 6.5". Once I found that I could wear an Orsa Monstrum comfortably all day, I never let size bother me if it was a watch I liked.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Congratulations on the new O300!

I've had the black one for about a year now, the watch gods sent me the orange one yesterday today will be the first day of full wear, can't say enough good about these things!

And lets not forget they also double as flashlights in an emergency! :-!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Fantastic watch! I've always admired these, and would love to see the Yellow OS version in person some time. :-!

@ OldeCrow or anyone else: is there any discernible difference in quality between the U.S. market versions and the JDM Orient Star variants? Or is it simply just a branding issue?

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Fantastic watch! I've always admired these, and would love to see the Yellow OS version in person some time. :-!

@ OldeCrow or anyone else: is there any discernible difference in quality between the U.S. market versions and the JDM Orient Star variants? Or is it simply just a branding issue?
Aside from the Orient Star and Orient Automatic labels. The watches quality wise are exactly the same. Remember that the 300m saturation diver is their absolute flagship model.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Aside from the Orient Star and Orient Automatic labels. The watches quality wise are exactly the same. Remember that the 300m saturation diver is their absolute flagship model.

Yup what he said!
They are exactly the same watch built in the same plant by the same robots :-d

they just change from one dial to the other when they are making them!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts