WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pulled from LIW site: Seiko owns a controlling interest (52%)in Orient. Orient continues to manufacture and design their own mechanical movements.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I'd imagine that they employ the same QC as Seiko. Marc at LIW will tell you that out of all the brands he sells, he get's the fewest Warranty repair requests from Orient. This is a brand that I've never had a bad watch from and they offer low prices along with unique designs. Like Jay said, they make their own movements or they base them off of other Seiko movements as Isthmus has said. Good Brand that hasn't let me down.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just recently got a mako, and I love it. I also another one that I like very much on IW. It is model CFM00003B or the 4W. I think they are beautiful. So far the mako is keeping great time. It's my first and I would get more orients in the future. It's nice to know that Seiko is involved with them.

Yogev

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Oh, Yogi to answer your first question. It is marketing, people haven't heard of Orient, but they have heard of Seiko....

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I have been thinking as well. I have heard of Seiko owning part of Orient, but I have no idea as to what extent. Yes there are pretty good deals there, but I just got a Mako. Then again, I should probably get another Orient:think:

Yogev

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the Mako. That is why I want another Orient:-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts