240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a ballpark on what it would cost to service a 40N5A

Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't own it; was thinking about trade for a Orient M-force, the movemnt is 10 years old, just trying to get an idea as to servicing cost.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'd just guesstimate that the typical service could run anywhere from $75 to $250 depending on what's being done. If you're talking about just an adjustment/regulating and checking the seals, probably on the lower end. If you're looking at an overhaul to clean and lube everything, I'd say at the higher end.

To quote my watch guy: It's not worth servicing an Orient - as it often costs more than the watch is worth.

I wanted him to take a peek at my Orient Worldtimer which loses up to about 20-30 seconds per day. It's about 10 years old itself. Still keeps good enough time that I don't run late to anything, and it's still running, so I'll probably just wear the watch until it breaks.

You can also probably get a quote from your local Orient service center. (Although if its USA, that would be Orientwatchusa.com - and I've heard mixed reviews about them).

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you can find a local person they can usually do a cleaning and lubrication but may not be able to replace parts. I've found some watch repair people through jewelry stores that do contract work, but don't really advertise outside of that. Seems like a lot out there only work on Swiss movements. Like others, I've always figured my Orient would probably be cheaper to replace than service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts