WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the review of my newly acquired Orient CEV0J003W Day Date.... This is my first time experience with the brand and with the price and the legendary stuff I've heard about the watch I couldn't resist buying it to try it out. At 226$ + 20.12$ tax the total was at 246, I'm sure if you shopped around online you could find a cheaper price but it wasn't worth the hassle for me and it arrived in 5 business days complete with Box, tags, and manuals. Needless to say I was quite pleased with the packaging and the presentation of the watch.

This watch measures to 37.5MM, which is makes it one of my medium sized watches and I don't mind it at all. I think the size is pretty nice and looks great. The movement is an in house made ORIENT caliber 46E40 with 21 Jewels which is a reliable and inexpensive movement with an approx 40 hour power reserve. It also has a beat rate of 21600 BPH. When I received this watch I had set the time on my other watches (quartz and automatic) to beat at the same time and this watch is still ticking on track.

The watch has Sapphire crystal with a screw down crown and a water resist rating of 100M. There is no lume on the watch but there are sapphire indices supposedly made as a homage to the sapphire line which I think is a pretty cool twist to it. On the dial there are three words that line the bottom - Automatic, Sapphire, 100M. Not too many to clutter up the dial, just the right amount to give it "that" look.

It has a jubilee style bracelet with a double deployment clasp engraved the Orient logo and Orient written beneath it. The bracelet is made of stainless steel is of fair weight, the links all move beautifully and when changing the strap size to fit the pins and links it came off and back together fairly easily.

The watch also has a screw down case back to increase water resistance, and some numbers written on the back which appear to be a Serial Number.

Over all I am very happy with this watch and for those looking for a Day Date homage, this is probably the best one out there in terms of price and quality. I wore it out last night and actually got a couple of comments from people although they didn't know what Orient was I just left it at that. The watch does have a "cheaper version" on amazon that goes for 100$'s less, but unlike the Invicta divers watches that use the same case but have different movements these two are completely different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those interested in purchasing the watch, I found a website that offered a cheaper price and it was Watches88.com
I ordered mine from eBay and I was extremely happy with the seller and the way it was packaged but it was approx 40-50$'s depending on the color (all gold, or silver/white face)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful looking watch! This Rolex-looking model is very durable as it comes with sapphire crystal and sold at a very affordable price. I own several swiss watches too, after receiving Orient EVOS-C0 CA as a gift, I suddenly fell in love with Orient watches as I'm impressed with what it can offer at that amazingly low price. I just got an Orient Star GMT aka "Star Seeker" model last week, the moment I held it at the shop....I can't let it go! , and affordable Orients are very addictive!
Cheers from Malaysia!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hi E320User,

Thanks very much for your review! 'Im also lookin to grab this Orient. The photos and details are great to better understand this watch.

Do you know what the weight and thickness of the watch is? I've heard it's 122g and 11.3mm thickness, it'd be great if you can confirm the specs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the review!

I just purchased The Orient SEV0J003SY and it should arrive in the next 5-7 days,

How has yours been doing since this was written in April of 2013?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts