WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It's here!! Watch is beautiful!!

BIG THANKS to Marc at longislandwatch.com for the forum discount and super fast delivery!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Reactions: grad

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems the Defender doesn't get much love, I actually find it very interesting and unique!

Reactions: grad

·
Registered
538 Posts
You can't tease us like that!
Unboxing pics ASAP!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been keeping excellent time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Much clearer having trouble with wrist shots.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice catch Bosman. This watch was on my short list, but was unavailable. I just got a e-mail that they are back in stock.

Whats the leather band like? I have a Hamilton Navy GMT with the best leather band I've ever had. Very sturdy and tough, but is very soft and pliable. The band on the Defender looks similar. Is your stiff, or soft and pliable?

Nice looking watch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice catch Bosman. This watch was on my short list, but was unavailable. I just got a e-mail that they are back in stock.

Whats the leather band like? I have a Hamilton Navy GMT with the best leather band I've ever had. Very sturdy and tough, but is very soft and pliable. The band on the Defender looks similar. Is your stiff, or soft and pliable?

Nice looking watch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
I really like the leather band, but please note, this is the first leather band I have had in a while. The lining is very soft and comfortable and band is pliable and nicely padded.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just picked up my 1st nato strap ever thru a vendor. I have the charcoal face and picked up a navy/bone colored strap. Not sure if I'm in love with it on mine yet... But think that combo would look great with yours...

What do you all think?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just picked up my 1st nato strap ever thru a vendor. I have the charcoal face and picked up a navy/bone colored strap. Not sure if I'm in love with it on mine yet... But think that combo would look great with yours...

What do you all think?

Love the watch, not a fan of the strap. But I don't like the looks of NATO straps on anything so my opinion isn't very useful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ha... Ya, this was my first nato and the charcoal face makes it a tough match with anything other than an earth-tone strap. I'm thinking my wrist may not be suitable for a nato style strap.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have yet to get a nato, I don't see the appeal but many love them. Watch looks great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ha... Ya, this was my first nato and the charcoal face makes it a tough match with anything other than an earth-tone strap. I'm thinking my wrist may not be suitable for a nato style strap.

I got the same charcoal face model a few weeks ago. I agree, it is tough to match. I've tried olive green and khaki NATOs as shown in the Worn and Wound review. Both look okay but are far from great. Surprisingly, I also tried a navy/white/red NATO and a blue/gray "bond", but look just as good as the earth-tone colors IMO. Probably won't please everyone but something different to think about.

I still believe the black leather strap that came with the watch looks GREAT. I'm just going through a NATO phase right now so I haven't used the leather much.

Defender on Striped NATO.jpg

Defender on blue Bond.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts