WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently saw the Orient DJ05002B GMT Auto on a vendor's website. The price is nice :) and I've been wanting a GMT for a long time.

I basically am unable to find any info on it...anything would help?

One of the specifics I have is the band size a 22mm or a 21mm like the earlier Star Seeker?

Pics appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The band size (lug width) is 22mm, there is a review of the white face version on yeomanseiko.com
Its a great watch with hacking and hand winding, fantastic value. Mine is probably my most accurate watch at within half a second a day, which is incredible at the price.

Here is mine on a Strapcode jubilee bracelet:
Orient_DJ05002B_4.jpg
Orient_DJ05002B_2.jpg
Orient_DJ05002B_3.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've been looking closely at this model as well - I like it much better than their other GMT offerings - but I'm concerned about two things:

1. Aside from their handwind-only skeleton watch, Orient doesn't seem to really care about making their watches thin. This model is supposed to have a nearly 15mm case thickness, about 15% more than the Flight, which happens to be my largest case diameter barring the G-shock. Is this only because of a domed crystal, large case, or something less noticeable than on other models? Ideally I'd have the DJ05002B/W with the case thickness of a Bambino...
  2. Where can you get the black or white models? Amazon only has gold-accented models and I can't find it on Seiya or Rakuten...

Hopefully this gets some replies, I don't feel it's really worth starting another thread on the same watch.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've been looking closely at this model as well - I like it much better than their other GMT offerings - but I'm concerned about two things:

1. Aside from their handwind-only skeleton watch, Orient doesn't seem to really care about making their watches thin. This model is supposed to have a nearly 15mm case thickness, about 15% more than the Flight, which happens to be my largest case diameter barring the G-shock. Is this only because of a domed crystal, large case, or something less noticeable than on other models? Ideally I'd have the DJ05002B/W with the case thickness of a Bambino...
  2. Where can you get the black or white models? Amazon only has gold-accented models and I can't find it on Seiya or Rakuten...

Hopefully this gets some replies, I don't feel it's really worth starting another thread on the same watch.
The FDJ0500XX models are only around 12mm thick, not 15mm. The sapphire crystal is flat by the way :).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Phew! Thanks everyone. For some reason Orient Watch USA seems to list everything as thicker than it actually is.

Sent via carrier pigeon ASCII

1 - 7 of 7 Posts