WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just ordered mine with the white dial and stainless case. This watch is just too classic to pass up. Will give a full report when it comes!

Anyone know how long OrientUSA's shipping time (ground) generally takes?
Congrats, Wingman!

Hope you enjoy it.

It took 8 days for mine to arrive... but that spanned the long Memorial Day weekend, so it was really 5 business days.

The watch came via UPS Ground from California.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Orient Classic auto arrived today from Malaysia..

Specifications:

Diameter - 43mm incl crown 40mm without
Lug to Lug - 46mm
Lugwidth - 21mm
Thickness - 12mm

Mechanical Movement : ORIENT caliber 48743 Made in Japan
Self-winding movement
21 jewels
21,600/hour vibrations
Date indicator

Stainless steel case
Box crystal glass
Screw caseback
Genuine leather strap
Water resistant to 30m

Cheers

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats, Wingman!

Hope you enjoy it.

It took 8 days for mine to arrive... but that spanned the long Memorial Day weekend, so it was really 5 business days.

The watch came via UPS Ground from California.
Thanks! I gotta be honest, the Ray was calling my name, but the add'l pusher at 2oclock really isn't appealing to me. This watch will look great with a suit.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Very good to know. However, I know that this movement isn't the same one that's in the Mako, Ray, etc (Caliber 46943), so that was my concern. They just state "mechanical movement."

Is there anywhere that I could get the specifics on the movement? A previous poster mentioned +25/-15 secs on this "ER" movement...that's a bit of a turn-off compared to the dead-nuts Mako/Ray movements.
Mine is accurate to within 2 secs per day so far..

·
Registered
183 Posts
I received the white dial version of the Bambino (ER24005W) from Orient USA last week. I wanted a classic white dial watch for my collection and though I like the looks of the Seiko SARB035 I felt it was stylistically too similar to the SCVS003 and SARB007 that I already own. The Orient departs from the Seiko case and lug shape and presents itself in a simpler manner that sets it apart from the other watches in my collection. I'll add my first impressions to the thread...

After a few days the "Bambino" is running to within about +10 seconds per day. The rotor was very noisy when I first wore the watch but got very quiet as the spring was wound. The off-white dial has a satin finish and slight star burst pattern; it's very attractive. The hands and markers are beveled and the time is easy to read. The dial has a very clean, classic look. That is important because the watch wears big. The lack of a bezel and short, thin lugs make the dial seem larger than it is. This broad wrist presence is somewhat offset by the fact that the Bambino looks thinner on the wrist due to its domed crystal. The Bambino has an open, airy look compared to the Seiko Spirits in my collection.

The provided strap is of good quality and has a deep brown color which complements the watch well. It has plenty of holes and should fits almost any wrist. I have a 6.5" wrist and I wear the strap on the fourth-to-last hole. There is a second keeper so the excess is taken up nicely.

The overall fit-and-finish is good; perhaps a half-step below the Seiko Spirits. There is a lot less visible metal on the Orient. The case sides appears to be brushed while the thin bezel and lug tops are polished. Very classy and under-stated. The signed crown is small but usable. Some may disagree, but I like the black border around the date window.

I really like the Orient Bambino and it's growing on me a little more each day. :) Orient USA's service was fast and reliable, and the new Orient watch box was unexpectedly nice.

A few quick photos:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Wrist shot with Seiko SCVS003. The Seiko is closer to the camera, but the Orient is actually slightly (about 2mm) larger.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
The dial is clean, open and airy. It's easy to read the time, even in low light. There is no lume (nor would I expect there to be).

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
A classic-looking watch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This watch looks really nice. I can't wait to get one.

I know the lug width is 21mm but does anyone know what the band tapers to at the buckle?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wanted a classic white dial watch for my collection and though I like the looks of the Seiko SARB035 I felt it was stylistically too similar to the SCVS003 and SARB007 that I already own.
The Bambino looks really similar to the 36mm Seiko SARB031 "poor man's Grand Seiko." I believe this watch was discontinued in 2011, and can be $800 if you can find NOS. Again, Bambino wins:

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just got my watch(es) from Orient. I only ordered one watch, but apparently a free watch was included in the purchase with the discount code.

First, let me just say that I am blown away by the packaging and materials that it came with. They threw in the extra free watch, a desk calendar, all of the books and a watch directory for their 2012 watches, and it was packed with really good care. However, I didn't see a protective film on the mineral crystal up top. Oh well.

I'll let you know more impressions as soon as I can get it on my wrist (I'm at work). So far, I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Update: the movement in my ER24005W appears to be settling in. Over the last 48hrs it's running at +4 seconds per day. I'll check again in another 48 hrs. The strap is breaking in nicely as well. Can't ask for much more....it's really a nice watch. Nice job, Orient.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
great watch! after I got mine, I wish ORIENT produce the same watch but with the sub-second complication at 6-o-clock!!!
that'd be the must!
---
who the hell gave the bambino nickname to this watch? shaaaaame :(
My own nickname to mine - Wiseman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whether its a Seiko 7S26, 7S36, 6R15, or Orient 46943, ET46B, 48D40 doesn't really matter. Basically they are all rated at about the same acceptable accuracy which I believe is higher than the +25/-15 listed in this post (e.g. +35/-25 or +45/-35 I can't remember exactly) in any case, though the various automatic movements produced by Seiko and Orient have ratings like this in my experience they all perform much better than this on average. I own four Orients and the worst performer is about +10 secs. The individual accuracy of pretty much any of the low to mid range autos produced by either company is in part just the luck of the draw but the good news is that you are more likely more likely to get exceptional accuracy at an affordable price with Orient and Seiko than most other companies (Swiss or any other).
I don't want to be an invader here but I have two Orients that they are accurate to the second daily!!! A friend of mine did a very professional work for regulation. So I wear those watches having really near to quartz accuracy. The CET02005W is on my wrist right now and the other one is the new black mako CEM7500B WITH AN ACCURACY NEAR TO +2SEC/DAY. I have 8 other Orient autos and none of them is inccurate, more than +7s/day out of the box. They have different calibers but the base is the same. Orient is absolutely better brand than many Swiss watchmakers with ETA movements.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts