WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :D

Got my first ever non G-Shock watch yesterday. It's the 2nd gen ET0T004D by Orient also known as the classic automatic sun & moon watch.

Scoured about 7 watch shops across 3 locations. Keep in mind it's my first automatic watch purchase and I wasn't familiar with the terms and had a friend to give me pointers throughout.

What I ultimately wanted was:

Sapphire glass
Black or Blue dial base
Transparent back or partially transparent front to see the gears
Leather strap
Date display

After thinking for a bit, the shop assistant showed me the ET0T series. They carried the first gen and the second gen, not much difference except the looks.
I was torn between the black and the blue one but chose the blue at the end. You can see the black version from the link below. There some differences like smaller roman numerals, date location etc.

Specifications: couldn't post link due to post count

Mechanical Movement : ORIENT caliber 46B46 Made in Japan
Self-winding movement
21 jewels
21,600/hour vibrations
Date indicator, Day hand, AM/PM disk-shaped indicator
(Sun & Moon display)

Stainless steel case
Sapphire crystal
Genuine leather strap
Screw see-through caseback (Crystal glass)
Water resistant to 50m
Diameter 42.50mm
Thickness 14.10mm

Disclaimer: All photos except the last one were from Google.

This watch does not have hacking or manual winding. One good thing to note is the metal buckle type embedded into the leather strap. It's very convenient.

Overall, a great looking middle range priced watch by Orient. Some mistake it for being much more expensive just from it's looks. Cost me about 339 USD (I'm not from the US, just did a currency conversion)

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

IMG_20170721_083449.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts