WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I received my Orient Explorer from Duty Free Island Shop last week. DFI is awesome and kept me informed via email each step along the way. The free shipping option did take a while, but I can't really complain considering the distance the watch had to travel and of course, because it was free!

This is yet another watch where pictures just don't do it justice. I'm a big fan of dials that offer a lot of depth and the Explorer does not disappoint. Opening the box for it was a real "holy s**t" moment because of how impressive it looked!

20150906_144232509_iOS.jpg
Pic of the dial head-on. Lots of detail to take in! I haven't read up much on how the slide rule works, but I have an idea. I do plan on learning how to really use it though.

20150906_144210714_iOS.jpg
The watch at a slight tilt so you can see the various layers and details that create so much depth.

20150906_144057924_iOS.jpg
Clear sapphire crystal case back so you can see the movement.

20150904_134314551_iOS.jpg
Lume shot after giving the watch ~10s of sunlight

20150903_205023000_iOS.jpg
Wrist shot with the OEM black faux-alligator strap. I was concerned about the size of the watch when I ordered it because I don't have very big wrists, but it actually wears a lot smaller than you might expect it to. I would say though that this watch is definitely at the upper limit of what would look appropriate on my wrist in terms if diameter.

20150904_183736142_iOS.jpg
Wrist shot with the brown faux-alligator deployant clasp strap that I swapped on to it. I went with brown to increase its versatility for daily wear. I personally believe you should match your leathers (shoes, belt, etc.) when picking what to wear and I typically wear brown shoes and a brown belt to work every day and on weekends. Matching the exact shade of brown is overthinking it with a watch strap, but I think you should have at least the right general color.

You may notice that the straps are backwards, but the deployant-style clasps on both watches work better for putting the watch on when they are installed that way, or at least I think so.

All in all, I highly recommend this watch AND Duty Free Island Shop. :-!

Cheers!

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Congrats, great looking watch, looks very well finished and looks good on you, thanks for the pics, cheers

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Its a nice and good looking watch, but I wish they made it with at least 100m water resistance - after all, if watch is named Explorer - 50m is not enough for exploring IMO. ;)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Appreciate your thoughts & pictures, a great watch. I totally agree with how impressive the dial is, and the fact that they really do wear smaller than the dimensions would have you believe. Just ordered this model, before they disappear, to join my existing Explorer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks great! I'm think I'm getting buyer's remorse with my Orient Curator after seeing this watch.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient, Aragon, Deep Blue, Bulova, Swatch, Gruen Pocket Watch, Illinois Pocket Watch, Vostok
2,773 Posts
Absolutely marvelous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts