WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CER1A002D has a 41/14mm steel case, date, and no pushbutton release. I like the bracelet, from what I could see from the longislandwatch picture.

The Orient CEM65002D has a 41/13mm steel case, day/date, push button release, and both are 20 ATM rated. How does the bracelet on this compare with the CER?

Lastly, the Orient 2ER00002D looks much like the Blue Mako above, but has 39/12 case, 10 ATM, and no push button release, date. The bezel and dial are a slightly different shade of blue, and has subtle differences in the logo. reg. 139 sale 99 The top 2 are 149.

Whatcha think? I'm sorta leaning toward the CEM, but the 2ER looks pretty good for the office. I don't know if the movements are the same, but if they are, that 99 price is attractive as well. Is there any sort of concensus out there as to which is the better/more reliable/good looking watch?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have the 2ER00001B which is the black version of the 2ER00002D you listed. I also have the Blue Mako but I actually end up wearing the 2ER00001B most of the time because I like the smaller size a little better. It has a different movement from the Mako but it is just as accurate. The bracelet is not as good as the Mako and the lume is very weak but it's still a very appealing watch and at $99, it's a steal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
thats what i read in a review too - lume is very weak compared to the mako - which is seiko style - it would match the monster if it had more surface area. of the two i would opt for the monster as the CER models are made in China and the beforementioned reviewer found the fit & finish far from the Mako...

Your opinions may vary of course...b-)IMHO...

BTW the mako is about a $100 delivered.....$5 more....on the bayside

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Go with the Blue Mako first. When you see and feel this watch, you will be shocked at the value you are getting.

Then, go ahead and buy all the Makos, and the Submariner-like Orient.

Angelis

·
Registered
398 Posts
I opted for the Blue Mako. From what I read, the blue color on the dial is different (better on the Mako) and I'm not a fan of the cyclops that is present on the other model. The 2ER00002D is a very handsome watch though, and at $99 its hard to beat. The styling is probably based on the Rolex Submariner, whereas the Mako is more original. Correct me if I'm wrong people. Happy thanksgiving!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the 2ER00001B which is the black version of the 2ER00002D you listed. I also have the Blue Mako but I actually end up wearing the 2ER00001B most of the time because I like the smaller size a little better. It has a different movement from the Mako but it is just as accurate. The bracelet is not as good as the Mako and the lume is very weak but it's still a very appealing watch and at $99, it's a steal.
Because of pics like that, I have buy my first Orient (Mako)...
Now I need to order a sub, thank you :-|

Philippe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts