WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I'm not an watches expert, but I want to buy one and i was looking at this model of Orient - FER27002B0.

I liked it because is elegant, simple and automatic. The thing I want to know from you guys if it is worth the money.

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm not an watches expert, but I want to buy one and i was looking at this model of Orient - FER27002B0.

I liked it because is elegant, simple and automatic. The thing I want to know from you guys if it is worth the money.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hello there! Is this your first Orient? If so, welcome aboard! I just bought my first Orient and was blown away by its quality vs price point. As a general rule, most if not, all Orient's are very well made. In an age where a watch is just a watch, I personally can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a watch (but that's just me);-).

If I could give you any tips, it would be to order another leather strap along with this, so you have a backup when needed. Enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It probably is.

Or you can afford it, get the FER2400 (Bambino) with the domed crystal. That's what I would get.

I saw the FER2700 (Symphony) black stainless steel in person, and it looked amazing. I think you are going to like it a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips.

They both (Bambino&Symphony) look pretty the same. I was wondering which one is bigger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the tips.

They both (Bambino&Symphony) look pretty the same. I was wondering which one is bigger.
At first glance, yes. But the Symphony had a much taller case, and flat crystal and dial. The Bambino had shorter case, a domed crystal and dial. The difference seems minor but in person looks simply elegant, classic 1950s design. The downside is that it is also more expensive, and did not have a see-through back.

Otherwise I think both look great.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for the tips.

The Bambino wears smaller. The height is lower and also the lug to lug. The Bambino feels nicer but somehow I kept my symphony.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.

Do you know any certified website where I can buy the watch and also have shipping in Europe?

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,437 Posts
I have been quite pleased with the value that my Orients have offered. Go for it, you will be pleased.

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
750 Posts
I just received my Bambino from Creation Watches bambino

It was on sale for $129 including shipping to the US. It looks like they ship free to Europe as well. Got the watch in 4 days from Singapore. Amazingly fast.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have a Symphony as well, the black face and black case model. (ER27001B)
I got it on amazon.ca for less than half the price of OrientUSA, it was sold by Discount Watch Store.
So far I am really pleased with the watch, it's comfortable, the leather strap doesn't look as weird as it does in some pictures, and best of all, looks really really good. (If I could afford it then I would have had a Bambino but the Symphony is definitely not a "poor man's Bambino" or something, it is something in itself if you know what I mean...)

·
Registered
641 Posts
and best of all, looks really really good. (If I could afford it then I would have had a Bambino but the Symphony is definitely not a "poor man's Bambino" or something, it is something in itself if you know what I mean...)
Yeah they are different enough but not enough to have both. Unless a different colour scheme?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received my Bambino for Christmas...my daughter loves me...Black dial on SS....BEAUTIFUL!! The only thing I will say is that the automatic wind is a little louder than my Tissot. I realize they are not the same watch but I thought it was worth noting....I still love the Bambino!
When I researched this ....I won't say problem...this characteristic, it was pointed out in a couple of locations that the noise would subside somewhat as the watch was aged...like a fine wine it will only get better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts