WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a lovely red jdm oriant kamasu but after about a year it went from 120 clicks to 60 and had a lot more play. I took the bezel off and the besel spring was broken one of the hands that pushes up snapped off.

After reading online it seemed the seiko skx bezel spring is a exact fit and it is.

I got it in the post this morning and when I went to remove the bezel and the bezel o-ring snapped.

Does anyone know the size of the o-ring?

Would an skx o-ring fit?

Any advice would help a lot.

Are this ebay assorted gasket boxes any good?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed the new spring without the oring. It's a skx 120 click spring but when I put it together only 60 clicks. On the spring I can see the 2 spring feet unlike on my old one where one of the spring foot broke off. Has this got something to do with the oring or is my bezel worn out?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
686 Posts
You need the o-ring gasket to damper the vibration and for a snug fit and smooth rotation. Without it you will not get 120 clicks and you will get very loose and rough rotation or clickings. The new click ring has two taps sticking up which make 120 clicks. Your old click ring has a broken tap.

I don’t what is the correct size of the gasket or click ring. Call Orient USA and let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The Kamasu bezel uses a different sized gasket than the SKX, I'll measure my spares and post the measurements. I believe the gasket is 0.7 mm or 0.8 mm X 31.5 mm. Esslinger stocks plenty of common gasket sizes.

The click spring is identical to the Seiko SKX spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While reading someone told me the taps have to be adjusted to get the 120 clicks.

Do you think an ebay gasket assortment would include it?

I'm getting married in 2 days so I think I will pop the bezel on (my gf got me the watch about a year and a half ago nearly its a red Dail JDM with Japanese/english days and I love it.

Apart from that I have a Hamilton parts kit khaki automatic with a 4htz seagull eta 2824 clone. Black Dail with black leather strap.

A vostok amphibia ministry case with tank Dail on a shark mesh.

An unbranded luminox military watch titanium case, Swiss jeweled quartz on a nato.

A tag f1 quartz. That I don't like but got for free

And an omega seamaster that was my fathers its the old James bond quartz type.

His gmt master went missing in hospital while he died.......

I was thinking of wearing the kamasu and my father's omega for my wedding day.

It's in a bank lockbox so maybe the franken hammilton.

Getting the bezel off was a challenge and resulted in some scratch / dinging directly below the bezel at 6 and 12 at least the besel and that area are high polish. Not sure if to polish using silvero, brasso, toothpaste or pollywatch to get them out. Many have snapped the bezel while trying to remove it. I used an antique knife with no sharp blade but was very thin and It popped off.

If anyone has any advice on how I should remove these dings please let me know. I'm in the UK.

I have attempted to call orient USA but with no luck it seems they are not answering

I'm disappointed orient do not sell spares so in the future if I need a service in the UK it would nearly cost what the watch does. I would have to send it to a watchmaker in China that would do it for 30 dollars or less. only a few things orient USA sell. Its not right and should be a right to repair law maybe we could get every orient owner on this site to sign a petition to orient to say we want to be able to buy any part we need to replace at a reasonable prixe Thank god the skx spring fits.

I did buy the watch from Japan but the book is not stamped.

Thanks guys.

They don't sell orient in the UK. Not sure why...

Stay safe, thanks :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Closest Orient branch to you is:

Societe Spiero

21 Rue Ampere, 67720, Hoerdt, France
Tel: +33 03-90-29-49-00
Email: [email protected]

If you can buy an assortment of O-rings in the 30-31 mm dia. 0.5mm-0.8mm range you should get at least one that will work. I did attempt to measure the spare gaskets, came in about 31 mm.

·
Registered
686 Posts
DO NOT ATTEMP to remove the Kamasu bezel without a proper tool or you will ruin the case or bezel.

I haven’t figured out how to remove mine yet.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Removing the bezel on any Orient seems to be very difficult. I scratched the case of a Mako XL and a Mako II. Make sure to cover the case with tape and be very careful if you attempt it!

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
After watching Mark at LIW vid there’s no way I’d try a kamasu bezel removal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same issue - 60 click bezel instead of 120. I would not mind, but the click was in the middle of minute, so it was not alligned. I tried to remove the bezel at home, but I was not successful and it ended up with scratched case. I sent it to the repair center, they remove the bezel, but they was not able to get original orient click spring. So they used new one from different watch (at that time I didn't know, that skx could fit) and polish the case scratches. Newly installed click spring is also 60 click, but in the correct alligned possition and I like it even more than original one. So please be carefull - bezel on the kamasu is very hard to remove without proper tools. Good luck and if you manage it somehow, post here some photos please :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'd say the message for bezel removal of the Kamasu, "Don't try this at home."

Perhaps for future "Orienteers" a 'sticky' thread should be created where common info/dimensions/how-to can be stored.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
Yeah there's no way i'm touching this thing.
I may do the mako, but the kamasu is just fine stock. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dave51

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah there's no way i'm touching this thing.
I may do the mako, but the kamasu is just fine stock. :ROFLMAO:
The bezel pops off on the Mako II very easily if you have a thin blade to slide in there. I too would be very reluctant to try to remove the Kamasu bezel based on everyone's experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I called Orient USA. They had no clue on dimensions and said I could only buy a replacement bezel with gasket for 60 dollars or so. How useless.

The trick to getting the bezel off the kamasu is to find a very thin butter knife, tape off any scatchable areas.

Push down at the 12oclock on the bezel and insert the butter knife at 6 you can see a gap as long as you have the right size butter knife it will pop off quite easy.

I would recommend lubing the bezel with some thin silicone lube before doing this to make it more easy.

Yes the butter knife wll be bent a bit and you may have a few scratches on the top of the case that is completely covered by the bezel.

But noting a very mild polish with a watch polishing cloth can't take out.

On ebay when I got the spring I did see skx 120 click springs and 60 click springs.

So does anyone know where I could find the exact dimensions. Is it 7mm or 8mm. 31.5 or 30.

I just want my watch back to its glory

Strangely after a year of owning this watch it seems to have calmed down to 5 to 6 + a day on wrist to 1 - 2 + on wrist.

It was a gift from my gf who is now my wife.

I've used it daily. Even when I sleep for well over a year I usually don't like day date but the red face is amazing and since its a JDM I set the day to Japanese characters and it looks amazing.

The bracelet gets a lot of hate. Yes it's now scratched to hell the watch is not.

Just wondering if I should upgrade the bracelet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and BTW. Orient Japan is near impossible to get hold of unless you speak Japanese and the number in my JDM box is for Epson.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts