WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New to the forum and hope I can get some help. The crown of my King Diver got sheared off in an accident. It is a day/date auto winder with 46941 movement. So a couple of questions: (1) I have tried to unscrew the remaining part of the crown from the removed stem but can't budge it. Any ideas? (2) Will it be easier to obtain a replacement stem with the crown attached? If so where from? (3) finally I have Seiko 17 jewel auto which I don't use. Would the stem and crown from that fit? Can't upload picture at the moment, sorry. Thanks in advance. Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Revad
Having had another go I really don't think I am going to get the remnants of the crown of this stem. There is so little to grip.

So going back to my original post. Suggestions please on where to get a replacement stem and crown. Ebay has drawn a blank and I am not sure where else to look.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
try contacting your local orient dealer. if thry can't get it for you, you can email orient directly. good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to update, contacted Orient Japan who sent me a new stem and crown free of charge from Hong Kong!
Arrived in the post and now fitted and sorted.
In retrospect should have asked for a new seal for the back as well as the old one is proving a bit tricky to fit.

Fantastic service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts