WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spotted this while surfing the Yeoman Seiko site. I would love to get this for the Missus for our anniversary. Anyone have any further intel on it?
Hello,
I hope the reply is not too late and it could help you.

I bought the watch for myself, from a local jewelery store, for about 150 EUR (it was a Black-Friday sale).
I have previously owned a SEIKO 5, metalic strap. So after wearing the new Orient for about 3 weeks+, here are my opinions:

- the first thing that I noticed, it's much louder when it winds, compared to the Seiko. I can actually hear the springs winding inside if I pay attention when I move my hand
- it's precise, I did not have to adjust it at all, yet. But it's fairly new, so I don't know about later.
- the leather strap is pretty hard on the skin at first, it starts to feel softer after about 1 week
- I take it off every night and put it back on in the morning, so far the strap looks good, but I forsee it will need a chane in about 1 month
- so far, no wearing marks, the steel in the case as well as the glass look pretty good and sturdy. I was actually impressed, by the quality of the casing and the glass, in comparison with the quality of the strap.
- it's a little bit larger than the Seiko that I wore before, so it takes a bit of getting used to. It's not heavier though.
- all the elements and details on the dial look like they were placed with a lot of precision, it looks really polished, despite of it being a "fashionable" watch

It really looks great on the hand, and the blue dial has shades, is lighter-blue / darker-blue, depending on how you look at it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know this is a VERY old topic. I just bought this watch for my daughter! It is her birthday tomorrow and she asked me for anything related to the universe or night sky. Last month at a family gathering, she took note that I had purchased a Seiko SKX for both of her brothers and looked at me like; where's mine? Then she tried one of them on and comically modeled the WAY too large watch.

Fast forward to a few weeks later.....forgetting about the watch gift idea, I began searching for astronomical gifts but then I swerved back looking at watches with moon phases, sun/moon etc,... and this model popped up! I saw the stainless steel version and this one with the blue strap. I purchased this very model with the blue strap from Creation Watches. BTW, after my purchase the blue strap version is no longer listed on their site. Maybe I bought the last one?

You know when you make a purchase and you feel real good about the decision even before you get it? This is one of those. I really appreciate this thread and Nightfixed review to confirm it.

Last year I searched high and low for a mechanical woman's watch with arabic numerals for my wife. It was not an easy search.....I finally found one. It was a Seiko Lukia direct from a Japanese seller.

I want to make a point here. I have been very frustrated when searching for a decent mechanical woman's watch. There are not many choices and even on Long Island's site, the watches for women are quartz! There are no mechanicals and the designs are ugh!...not that good. I think more options should be available for us guys who may want to introduce their wives, girlfriends, daughters sisters....etc to mechanical watches. Just not enough choices. Both purchases I made for woman's watches, I needed to buy direct from Japan.....Come one US distributers! Think outside the box for our ladies here in the US! How the heck do you expect to broaden out this hobbies to women if all you provide are mens' mechanicals?

·
Registered
379 Posts
OMG... I JUST received an email from Creating Watches that the blue strap option was really out of stock when I purchased it! That's why I could no longer find that particular model. The Stainless Steel band option still exists so I responded that I wanted that one in its place. It is $22.00 more so no big deal.

I guess they should not have kept the blue strap version on their inventory.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK so this is an ongoing watch purchase with lots of turns. I now officially have two on order. I contacted Creation Watches and paid for the difference between the blue leather strapped version and the stainless steal band version. OK done right? WRONG! After I went back and forth with creation, paid the $22.00 and then called my bank to tell them that it was indeed me who made a payment to a Japan vender, I looked closer and realized there was one more difference between the two watches. The Stainless Steel band Version ALSO had a Black dial vs the Blue dial. Part of the beauty is the blue dial! This motivated me to search more and I found one on Amazon... only 4 left. It was a lot more money though so I ended up doing what I've always resisted in the past with Amazon; I applied for their CC for $70.00 off of this purchase. So I paid just over $200.00 for it but it was really what I think my daughter will LOVE.

I then contacted Creation twice asking them not to ship the watch and to please issue me a refund. Silence... no answer unlike every other correspondence during the purchase. So it's Sunday and I will patiently wait till tomorrow morning for their response. I really hope they are not ignoring me and shipping me the watch because I'm pretty sure it'll be on me to pay to send it back to them.

Anyway, I'm still so glad I was able to acquire this rare beauty for my daughter who asked me for an astronomical gift. After all, aren't all watches astronomical tools used to measure a full Earth's rotation? Add to that the space/moon theme and I think she will LOVE it. Money well spent!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just want anyone who's read my experience in buying this watch know that Creation Watches was really great to deal with. Yes, they refunded my money and their corrospondence was quick each and every time I sent them an email. I received the refund today as promised. I'm sure the black dialed stainless steel version from Creation would've been a nice watch but I wanted this blue dialed version with the blue strap as I think my daughter will really like it.

I bought the blue dialed version off of Amazon and it arrived in perfect new condition. I will be giving it to my daughter this Saturday. It will be her first mechanical watch so it is a gateway for her hopefully.

I'm not sure which in-house movement this is but it is not a hand wind movement. I've been testing the accuracy though. I shook it enough to at least last a good 24 hr period. Face -up it runs fast but crown up it seems to be gaining only 1 second per day!

It has a decent heft to it and it looks amazing.

BTW, this is the very first Orient I've ever purchased! (I wish it was mine haha) But I now think one is in my future.... maybe the Sun/Moon watch.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I just want anyone who's read my experience in buying this watch know that Creation Watches was really great to deal with. Yes, they refunded my money and their corrospondence was quick each and every time I sent them an email. I received the refund today as promised. I'm sure the black dialed stainless steel version from Creation would've been a nice watch but I wanted this blue dialed version with the blue strap as I think my daughter will really like it.

I bought the blue dialed version off of Amazon and it arrived in perfect new condition. I will be giving it to my daughter this Saturday. It will be her first mechanical watch so it is a gateway for her hopefully.

I'm not sure which in-house movement this is but it is not a hand wind movement. I've been testing the accuracy though. I shook it enough to at least last a good 24 hr period. Face -up it runs fast but crown up it seems to be gaining only 1 second per day!

It has a decent heft to it and it looks amazing.

BTW, this is the very first Orient I've ever purchased! (I wish it was mine haha) But I now think one is in my future.... maybe the Sun/Moon watch.
Hello there! I'm aware this is old(er) thread, but I hope you will see my post. I've also stumbled on this watch trying to find something for my wife. I really like blue dial version, but my wife is vegan, so leather strap is not an option. Can you please let me know exact model number of blue dial version with metal bracelet? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.