WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

M-Force or PRO ?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
I might be blinded by my love for the MM but I dont think those 2 are comparable at all. For me the MM is built better than the OS. Complexity of the design, mixture of polished and brushed parts, and overall feel of the MM is better than the OS in my opinion. The OS is grreat and built very well, but I feel the MM is built to a higher standard.
And yet its still a closer comparison than between the M-Force and OS300.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
And yet its still a closer comparison than between the M-Force and OS300.
I wouldnt know since I have never owned or handled an M Force. It would be hard for me to make a judgment based on pictures.

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
I wouldnt know since I have never owned or handled an M Force. It would be hard for me to make a judgment based on pictures.
Yeah, I have owned the SEL03002 pictured and the recent Beast as well as currently having an MM300 and OS300. The M-Force are solid watches and easily worth the asking price but not in the same league as the other two.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I owned an M-Force (2011 version). It was a beautiful watch and the movement was very accurate, but there were two things that were disappointing:

1) The bracelet: not a diving bracelet which was kind of weird on a watch that was ISO tested as a diving watch. It also, while functional, didn't really match the watch in heft and quality.

2) the Bezel: easily jammed up with sand. The ratcheting mechanism on mine broke within a year of purchase. I've read one other account of someone who had the same problem.

If I were you, I'd strike the M-Force off your list and go for the OS300.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Will,

ORIENT BEAST ! GREAT PHOTO.
I want to thank everyone all the continued input, advice, and photos on this thread.
Getting closer every day to pulling the trigger, and may have to get all three: M-Force, Beast & O300.
Really loving these Orient watches, and never really thought I would be a fan.

RHINO

I really like both.....but mine send regards :-!

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Will,

ORIENT BEAST ! GREAT PHOTO.
I want to thank everyone all the continued input, advice, and photos on this thread.
Getting closer every day to pulling the trigger, and may have to get all three: M-Force, Beast & O300.
Really loving these Orient watches, and never really thought I would be a fan.

RHINO
An excellent choice my friend - I couldn't be happier /-)

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thank you for the advice. Bezel should not "easily jam with sand" so, that is something I will have to keep in mind, as well as your other observations. M-Force looks good, and is probably not bad for under $300. But 0300 looks PERFECT to my eyes!

I owned an M-Force (2011 version). It was a beautiful watch and the movement was very accurate, but there were two things that were disappointing:

1) The bracelet: not a diving bracelet which was kind of weird on a watch that was ISO tested as a diving watch. It also, while functional, didn't really match the watch in heft and quality.

2) the Bezel: easily jammed up with sand. The ratcheting mechanism on mine broke within a year of purchase. I've read one other account of someone who had the same problem.

If I were you, I'd strike the M-Force off your list and go for the OS300.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.