WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought my Mako 2 with a black dial about one month ago.

Before I finally decided to get it I had some concerns, and I wanted to share my experiences in case other people worry about the same issues:

Firstly I found it hard to choose between the Mako 2 and the Ray 2. I went for the Mako because I thought it looks a bit more unique.
Secondly I was under the impression that the watch might be too big for my wrist ( which is about 6,7 inches).

When it arrived I was positivly surprised right away. I find that it wears smaller that one would think after watching the reviews on youtube. It fits perfectly (I just had to adjust the braclet). Also I'm so glad that I got the Mako (not the Ray). So far it has been perfect in every situation: I wear it to the office every day, I wore it in a rather fancy restaurant with a suit and I wear it when I go swimming or for a run. It is very understated yet fashionable.

I could go on forever about the little details like the red second hand and the logo on the crown. I also love the daydate complication and the font on the bezel. Speaking about the bezel it has been said that it doesn't operate smooth enough. However if you turn it five or six times it becomes very smooth while it still feels rock-solid. Also some people gave the bracet a hard time which I find hard to understand. It feels solid and save and has microadjustments. However the idea of putting the watch on a strap has crossed my mind...

And than there is the movement: You can read all about it in other threads, like how it is in-house and hacks and so on. But i think that above all the personal experience really matters on that subject. And I must say, the movement is even better than i expected. In 24 hours the watch runs two or three seconds fast at most which i find incredible for a 180 dollar watch! Of course it still has to stand the test of time but as for now i'm very confident it will do an amazing job.

So all in all the watch feels and looks great. Its silly but sometimes i just sit down and watch the second hand move or hold it close to my ear and listen to its heartbeat. I absolutly love it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I own the Mako I, I can confirm everything you said, including the style and accuracy! It is truly a gem in a budget disguise.

·
Registered
410 Posts
2018-01-03 14.28.37.jpg

After spending a week with this black Mako 2, I can understand why Orient deserves a lot of respect from their fans. For so little $ I have a nice looking diver that is accurate, robust, understated, versatile, good for all occasions, hacking & hand winding. I am relenting to myself why spend thousands more in the past for watches not nearly as good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still have mine. Put it on a Zulu-Strap.

In the meantime i wore it on tons of journeys. It has become my most reliable watch and it is still running perfectly, although i put it through quiet a lot (once i went swimming while the crown was unscrewed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts