WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of these and am wondering whether the crown - I think that's what it's called - on the day pusher at the 2 o'clock position is supposed to have a tight fit like the crown at the 3 o'clock position. Basically, I can't get it to tighten down like I can for the other crown so I wonder whether this is normal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
don't worry, it normal and it does not
work like the 3H crown... Just screw
it snug and you are good to go...

Philippe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, it doesn't even really tighten down at all. It's just kind of there-it moves away from and towards the case freely, but I cannot twist it to tighten it. It's almost as if it's there only to prevent the day pusher from going all the way into the watch. Is this normal?

·
Registered
362 Posts
You should be able to screw down the outer part of the "pusher" crown. Once screwed down, the pusher will no longer operate so the date is not inadvertantly changed. Did it arrive unscrewed or did you unscrew it and now can't get it screwed back down?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where did you buy your Mako? Ebay?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought this from discountwatchstore.com. They say they're an authorized Orient dealer, so hopefully they'll be good about an exchange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
what seems strange to me is that i can't lock the outer crown once screwed down...it stays down, but loosely
...i mean it's not a problem for water resistance?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
what seems strange to me is that i can't lock the outer crown once screwed down...it stays down, but loosely
I'm not sure I quite understand what you're describing, but on my Makos, the outer collar of the day pusher screws down and tightens in place. The collar doesn't slide up or down and it prevents operation of the pusher when it is tightened. Haven't tested the water resistance beyond washing my hands, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
...sorry for my bad english...well my macko got a problem because the collar doesnt tighten in place....
...thx for ur answer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I sent my watch back to discountwatchstore. I was somewhat offended at first because when getting the return authorization number I sensed some skepticism from their end along the lines of "are you sure you didn't break this." But, at the end of the day, they fixed the watch (at least I think they fixed it instead of sending me a new one--I only had the watch for a day before sending it back so there's no way I could distinguish between the original watch and a new one) and sent it back without a hassle. All's well.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I had a tissot seastar 660 chronograph before. The top pusher acts the same way you described it, the outer collar will screw in and out. But when screwing it in, it screws down but it just keeps on rotating. I'm not sure what term to use but it seems like it's doesn't lock, meaning the collar doesn't stop from turning. Although when I tried pulling it out, it stayed in place so I assumed it was screwed in at some degree and I also can't push the pusher. The other pusher acts just like the crown, it stops turning when it's fully locked. Out of curiosity, I tested the water resistance by putting it in the sink full of water for 15mins. Nothing happened. So I'm not sure if this is normal or my water resistance test is not enough.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well, I got the same problem. Unfortunately mine is out of warranty. Is this a simple fix? Or is it not worth fixing? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have this strange problem with the push down day changer on my Orient Black Mako. After I screw it in and wear it for a few days, the push down crown comes unscrewed. This happens sporadically. Anyone have the same issue, and what can be done about it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have this strange problem with the push down day changer on my Orient Black Mako. After I screw it in and wear it for a few days, the push down crown comes unscrewed. This happens sporadically. Anyone have the same issue, and what can be done about it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Got mine a few days ago and been wearing it since. No issues here with the day changer button coming unscrewed so far... Maybe the threads in the screw down button have been worn out or stripped?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Just bought one of these and am wondering whether the crown - I think that's what it's called - on the day pusher at the 2 o'clock position is supposed to have a tight fit like the crown at the 3 o'clock position. Basically, I can't get it to tighten down like I can for the other crown so I wonder whether this is normal.
Got mine a few days ago and at first I unscrewed the day changer and set it accordingly. Then screwed it back, no problem. Later that day, I ran into the same issue as you. I had unscrewed the day changer button again but this time it somehow seemed to get "locked" -- I couldn't turn it or screw it back down anymore. After playing around with it for a while, something finally just clicked and it worked again like normal. Screwed it back down and haven't had any trouble since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts