WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1407 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Haven't seen many Kano's in here lately, so here's one. Going for a matte look to match the dial+hands:
YM style ceramic bezel
unknown seconds hand that ties in with the indices.
domed sapphire.
fully brushed case.
matted leather leather strap.

For those interested; the bezel insert size of the Kano is 41mm/33mm and the crystal is 33mm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Namoki reply :

I'm afraid that we can't guarantee fitment with another aftermarket bezel. Furthermore, our best recommendation is to use our Orient bezel adapter Orient Bezels and you can use all the sloped inserts intended for the SKX007

Not as helpful as I expected... I told them that I wanted to use their bezel with a DLW insert

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
Namoki reply :

I'm afraid that we can't guarantee fitment with another aftermarket bezel. Furthermore, our best recommendation is to use our Orient bezel adapter Orient Bezels and you can use all the sloped inserts intended for the SKX007

Not as helpful as I expected... I told them that I wanted to use their bezel with a DLW insert
I get it, they want you to buy their stuff.
Could always give it a shot and if the insert doesn’t work sell it off and use a namoki,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks !
I happened upon this bezel on an aliexpress sellers site, not sure what it was originally designed for. It was actually to big, i had to turn it down .5mm to fit, also the I.D. at 33mm is really to small because if you pry the bezel off, the edge of the insert catches the flat crystal and will sheer it off. Learnt that the hard way, hence the domed sapphire.

As far as i can tell there are zero bezels out there that will fit straight on, they all need turning down.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient, Aragon, Deep Blue, Bulova, Swatch, Gruen Pocket Watch, Illinois Pocket Watch, Vostok
2,768 Posts
One of my Orient President's, got this one unintentionally by ordering a non be-jewelled model from souk.com in Dubai but was sent this incorrect watch instead. Seller wouldn't take it back so I made the best of the situation with some mods and now I'm really enjoying it even if its a bit small for my wrist.

Mods;
  • Longer leaf hands, slightly bent to clear the indices. The factory hands were so short it looked a little silly and I'd seen pics of vintage oysters with leaf hands and thought they were elegant.
  • A very soft alligator strap I picked up on my last adventure in Vietnam.
  • solid endlinks for leather strap type.

View attachment 15803927 View attachment 15803933
Very nice! Normally I would not give that model a second glance. The mods you’ve done with the hands, strap and end links really came out nice. Much nicer than the OEM look.

Sent from my toilet using Kakatalk. Flushed with only a single wipe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you get solid end links for a mako 2 anywhere? I'm looking for just the end links, I already have a decent clasp and the rest of the stock bracelet is fine

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you get solid end links for a mako 2 anywhere? I'm looking for just the end links, I already have a decent clasp and the rest of the stock bracelet is fine

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I have never seen them available separately. However, Passthewatch, an Ebay seller, has solid end link, solid link, bracelets with a machined clasp for US$39.99. They have both oyster style and jubilee style versions. The endlinks fit my Ray II perfectly. I don't know that you could get solid endlinks alone for much less than that even if you could find them.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm going to say that it VERY unlikely solid endlinks are made to fit the stock Orient bracelets. The maker would have to duplicate the exact link dimensions / geometry for a very limited market.

I'll second Daves' suggestion, hop over to Pass The Watch on ebay and get one of their bracelets.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here's my Mako USA II. I've always loved the sunburst dial and hated the bezel. I replaced the bezel and insert with ones from Crystaltimes. I picked this insert because I thought the in-between markers went with the 12:00 index on the dial. One photo is with the stock bracelet and two are on an Archer nylon strap that I’ll be wearing the watch on. I like how the sheen matches the sunburst dial and the horizontal fabric pattern goes with the coin edge bezel.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Great looking mod.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the additional photos. I can see the color change, I like it. You're the first member on this forum to mention the bezel height, good to know that Yobokies is shorter.
I also mention that a few times, it’s the reason I only use Yobokies bezels, they just look much better.

I transformed my vintage Ray again, kind of a Milsub Homage, with DLW Milsub sloped ceramic insert, Yobokies Sub Bezel, DLW seconds hand, SNZF DD Sapphire crystal from Watch & Style and aged lume thanks to my 8-years old daughter’s orange marker.

The insert’s inside doesn’t really clear the crystal to properly touch the bezel, a well know proble of using SNZF DD with sloped inserts for SKX,so I used double thickness adhesive to compensate for that. So the insert sits a bit raised but looks okay.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Seriously liking this mod lately and considering the bezel/kermit insert.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, heres another of my non mako/ray mods: a ER2F002W titanium.

Wanted this watch for the longest time, but by the time I fell for it they were out of production and none on the used market. So getting my hands on it was not straight forward.
Found this one for sale in Russia, but they wouldn't post internationally, my girlfriend at the time lived in Belarus, so asked her to bring it with her a few months later when we met in Greece. Luckily the watch ran well, not so luckily that relationship didn't.

Anyway, the simple mods are:
  • longer dauphine hands swapped in, which I also differentially brushed/polished. The old hands were lumed (which doens't suit this unlumed dial in my opinion) and too short (typical Orient)
  • longer blue seconds hand with diamond tail, matching the minute ticks on the chapter ring.
  • brown suede strap

Really happy with this elegant piece, its light in the hand and refined to the eye.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Another example of Orients' beautiful dials, stunning. Are the hands Orient? They appear very similar to earlier WV series models. Case looks in very good condition.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Gorgeous dial

1381 - 1400 of 1407 Posts