WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Orient Mods --- Show Em Off!!!

817K views 2K replies 459 participants last post by  ^Gurthang54 
#1 ·
Greeings,

We needed a new thread. I was getting bored with the name thread and the Mako color thread (although the red and green fascinate me).... So... Lets have a thread where you show us pictures of your Orient Mod.

Here is Mine:

Watch: CEM65001B Orient Black Mako http://orientwatchusa.com/watch.php?id=69

Mod: Replaced the Mineral crystal with a domed Blue AR Sapphire crystal.

Reason: I have granite counters in my house. Granite is harder than Mineral crystal but softer than Sapphire. As you can imagine, my mineral crystal was scratched frequently.

Pic:

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes... that is a hair on TOP of the dial :-x

I have a terrible time taking pictures... something always causes trouble... lately it's been my cats! o|

Reactions: RedHerringHack
#3 ·
Greeings,

We needed a new thread. I was getting bored with the name thread and the Mako color thread (although the red and green fascinate me).... So... Lets have a thread where you show us pictures of your Orient Mod.

Here is Mine:

Watch: CEM65001BOrient Black Mako http://orientwatchusa.com/watch.php?id=69

Mod: Replaced the Mineral crystal with a domed Blue AR Sapphire crystal.
Where did you get the sapphire? I had a spring bar failure (Orient if your listening your stock spring bars are crap, talk to the mothership and figure out how to get the fatty Seiko bars in the Mako) which led to my Mako kissing the concrete. Needless to say I'm interested in a sapphire upgrade.

Reactions: Eielson
#5 ·
I got that sapphire from yobokies. He has the blue AR coated domed sapphire. If you would like flat sapphire with no AR coating, they are available from the orientalwatchsite.com. Go there and send a PM to garwal.

#6 · (Edited)
I've got makos with sapphire too:

and the 2002 gmt with sapphire:

I'm just a couple of days from adding sapphire and hands to my Orient dolphin too!

custom bezel insert on the PO

Sapphire and rolly style bracelet on the 100m

#9 ·
Wow!! The Dolphin is a beautiful watch once you replace the hour and minute hands!!!!!

#13 ·
No... not like a Mako, but better than the Dolphin hands, which look like a 2nd grader drew them with crayons.

#16 ·
Relumed Mako XL with Sword Hands... I'll try to get a lume shot tonight

#17 ·
I took a crappy quick photo of the lume job that I had done. I didn't feel like setting up my tripod and IR trigger so I really upped my ISO and hand held the camera. Sorry for the shakeyness and digital noise, but it give you an idea what a great job Jay at MCWW and Kent Parks did.

The watch to the right is a Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500... also known for having great lume, but my Orient now outshines it easily.

DSC_0415 by scottybell1313, on Flickr

#59 ·
I took a crappy quick photo of the lume job that I had done. I didn't feel like setting up my tripod and IR trigger so I really upped my ISO and hand held the camera. Sorry for the shakeyness and digital noise, but it give you an idea what a great job Jay at MCWW and Kent Parks did.

The watch to the right is a Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500... also known for having great lume, but my Orient now outshines it easily.

DSC_0415 by scottybell1313, on Flickr
Wow! That looks awesome! How does one go about reluming a Mako? Is this something that a watch repair shop would typically do? Pardon the noob question.

#20 ·
Pepsi Mako by Jay (V8) at MCWW

Sniper Grey Cerakote and Plongeur Hands. The C3 on the Plongeurs matches Orient's lume nicely.

#21 ·
KLR-
I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll say it again. Seeing your Mako is what finally made me pull the trigger and go with MCWW. It's awesome!

#22 ·
Thanks I ended up taking off my Deep Blue last night to wear the Mako.

#23 ·
My Mako was sent off today to get blasted, new hands and a crystal replaced. I also emailed Orient about a new bezel but I was less than impressed with how they are handling that, I'll see how it goes on the bezel. Pics when it gets back from blasting.

#26 ·
The mako XL is much larger than the regular one, I haven't even gutted a mako xl yet to measure it! The Sumo Sapphire from yobokies fits the regular mako though...

#37 ·
Could someone help me with figuring out who I can go to to get the face of a Orient watch changed. I am interested in purchasing a day date with a jubilee bracelet. The one available has diamonds for numbers, i would like plain markers or "sticks" any ideas on where or who could do this?

Thanks again,

#40 ·
My understanding is that 2824 Dials will fit the Mako, but the date windows won't match up. You could possibly get a no-date 2824 dial and have modified.

#38 ·
I forgot to update this thread after I got my Mako back so here are some pics. The case and bracelet we blasted, new hands from MCWW, sapphire from Yobokies. I hadn't been to Orient's page in quite a while and just this week learned about the Ray so I've emailed Orient to see if it's possible to buy the Ray bezel and put on my Mako.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap