WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I saw this watch on creationwatches today and is absolutely in love with the look of it but I can't seem to find it on the orient official site, even the information available on the internet about this watch is extremely limited.

Has anyone of you seen or heard about this watch before? Planning to use this as a work watch, in case you're wondering :D Will be my first automatic watch

·
Premium Member
71,229 Posts
It could well be a watch that Orient no longer produce but Creation have in stock. This is not an uncommon situation and I wouldn't take it as a sign that Creation are selling you old stock or something dodgy. Most of the internet references to it were foreign sites though I did manage to find one site in the U.S. that was selling it (I think it was in the U.S. but who can be sure). There's a chance that Orient produced the watch and intended it for the non U.S. market. If you're still unsure why not drop an email to Raul at Creation Watches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could well be a watch that Orient no longer produce but Creation have in stock. This is not an uncommon situation and I wouldn't take it as a sign that Creation are selling you old stock or something dodgy. Most of the internet references to it were foreign sites though I did manage to find one site in the U.S. that was selling it (I think it was in the U.S. but who can be sure). There's a chance that Orient produced the watch and intended it for the non U.S. market. If you're still unsure why not drop an email to Raul at Creation Watches.
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I contacted Orient US (official) and they told me that this model is not for sale in the US and I would need to confirm with Orient Jap whether they produced this.

I've dropped a mail for the officially listed email of CreationWatches [email protected], is that where I can find Raul?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone called Sally replied my e-mails instead and she obviously did not read my question properly... casually answering "Yes we have that in stock" for the two mails I sent them....

·
Premium Member
71,229 Posts
Whenever I've contacted Creation it has been Raul or Vanya who have replied. I agree with you that sometimes their replies don't seem to fully address the question you asked initially.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Pretty sure that's a legit orient. Seen it in the flesh before at a shop here in Singapore. Do not think that creation would sell a fake. But old stock? You never really know.

Sent from my Hongmi

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pretty sure that's a legit orient. Seen it in the flesh before at a shop here in Singapore. Do not think that creation would sell a fake. But old stock? You never really know.

Sent from my Hongmi
It's a legitimate Orient. I think it's a fairly recent Orient that wasn't released everywhere. It has the same movement, ET46B, as the FET0K00XX-series (I believe it's called Cosmos in the US?) which comes very well recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, instead of attending to my question Orient JP advised me to buy from authorized reseller so that I get a legit watch... can people no longer read these days?

Anyways, I checked on Amazon JP and saw that it's on sale there but there is no reviews. I guess it's a legit Orient then, thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi I just received this Orient Sun&Moon. Its basically same movement, design. Except this have Sun&Moon subdial, instead of 24h subdial.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reckon this belongs to the Defender series with different variations. See link: FET0N002B0 FET0N002B ET0N002B | Orient Automatic Watches & Reviews | Orient Watch USA

This is a recent debut, not some very old model.

Not siding Orient JP, but think they are right to advise you to get from authorised dealers whom they were appointed and it's also business reality. Further, it is very difficult to ascertain through email/photo whether it is a legit piece. Perhaps, Orient JP should have advised you the model serial numbers (that is closest to your picture).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts