WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The SKX has a prehistoric movement, if only it had the 4s36 (with hand winding and hacking) it would be good. For now the Orient offers the best value for money between the two, the F6922 movement is superb and totally surpasses the 7s26.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing can top the skx as value for dollar, but glad you enjoy your ray
I don't know about that, tell me a good reason why SKX is truly better than Ray ? The way you like it better because of it's looks is irrelevant here, just find a solid advantage that can't be disputed ?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Tech specs aren't everything. Some things are about the culture and community. They are literally 2 dirt cheap throwaway atches, shamefully inaccurate and an awful mineral crystal. However, one has a ungodly number of aftermarket mod parts available.

·
Registered
198 Posts
One other point, the Orient is offered in various dial colour options and it's not as common as the SKX. As much as I like the SKX, I personally would take the Orient.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I don't know about that, tell me a good reason why SKX is truly better than Ray ? The way you like it better because of it's looks is irrelevant here, just find a solid advantage that can't be disputed ?
I like it better, that’s a solid advantage.

Also, the word Seiko doesn’t sound like a dime store generic brand the way orient does

·
Registered
263 Posts
Agree with that. Looking forward to the release of the new SKX model as the current one is years behind now, but still a bestselling iconic watch.
Orient have raised the bar again in the Kamaso with a sapphire crystal, great finish and fine proportions.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Seiko collectors and fans will be Seiko collectors and fans. Used SKX will be selling for crazy prices in a few years. When anything is discontinued, a few years down the road, there is always a crowd looking for "vintage" and "the way it was" this and that. If anything, the Orient Ray II puts the SKX on a pedestal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts