WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Orient "Squarematic" should I get?

• Red/Maroon Squarematic

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Grey Squarematic

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • White Squarematic

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Black Squarematic

Votes: 11 36.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this series has not been officially named but I'm going to call it a "Squarematic" just because I feel like it. :-!

Which one should I pull the trigger on. I never thought I would be buying a square/rectangular watch... but here I am really liking it. :roll:

I like 3 of them equally. The last one I don't like but thought I would post a pic so people know what it looks like.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Love the watch - I submitted a name for it myself. Not to nitpick, but the face of the watch isn't a square, it's a rectangle. :) I personally like the red dial the best.

Chris

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the watch - I submitted a name for it myself. Not to nitpick, but the face of the watch isn't a square, it's a rectangle. :) I personally like the red dial the best.

Chris
My sister keeps telling me the same thing about the square thing. It's "square" enough for me, plus I like the name. :-!

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
The red dialed version is the best of the bunch and this watch looks stunning with a nice SS bracelet.

And girls, if you like this watch, you can wear it too. It is officially sold as an unisex model...

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
I like the grey. Actually, I like all of them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take back what I said about the black one. The more I look at it, the more I like it. :think:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
The red dialed version is the best of the bunch and this watch looks stunning with a nice SS bracelet.

And girls, if you like this watch, you can wear it too. It is officially sold as an unisex model...
Because everyone knows gender-specific watches are completely incompatible with the wrong gender's wrists. My aunt tried one of mine on and the buckle just wouldn't close :-d

Does "unisex" mean it's kinda small? I'm liking square-ish cases lately, but the only ones that are big enough for me are B&R-style ones, and those are right on the cusp of "too big." I like the Squarematic, and yeah the red-dial one is pretty striking.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Black with yellow, but only because I love my Quadrato Chrono so much, and that is the color scheme it has. To tell the truth, I'm gonna be the dissenter here and say I'm not crazy about this watch. Axe the squished-looking date (either a new date, or no date), the red '60' and '30', and the open heart, and I'd like it a lot more.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Black with yellow, but only because I love my Quadrato Chrono so much, and that is the color scheme it has. To tell the truth, I'm gonna be the dissenter here and say I'm not crazy about this watch. Axe the squished-looking date (either a new date, or no date), the red '60' and '30', and the open heart, and I'd like it a lot more.
Now that you mention it, yeah the 60 and 30 are kinda pointless. Looks like they were just trying to think of something to fill up the space. And if I can't read the date on a picture that size, it's probably too small in person, too. Lose it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG, they have another very nice 50% Coupon code!! I think this was meant to be mine!! hehe :-d

·
Registered
432 Posts
Now that you mention it, yeah the 60 and 30 are kinda pointless. Looks like they were just trying to think of something to fill up the space. And if I can't read the date on a picture that size, it's probably too small in person, too. Lose it.
I thought the 60 and 30 were quite handy for when one forgets where the 60 and 30 second positions are.:-!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I thought the 60 and 30 were quite handy for when one forgets where the 60 and 30 second positions are.:-!
Just what percentage of the population is that?:-d:think::-d

·
Registered
97 Posts
hard to say... orient's stock photos really don't do their watches justice. in fact, they almost seem to do them an injustice.

i'd go with red, though!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ended up getting the one that I said I wasn't interested in. Funny how that works. The black one should be on my wrist sometime tomorrow evening! :-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts