WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WUS,

I've been looking at some Orient Star models for a while now and this one really sparks my interest and I am close to pulling the trigger.

But, I have been having a hard time to really find much information and experiences from this watch. To me it seems like a very well finished watch at this price point. Especially the case and bracelet. I have no clue about the movement, though.

Is there anyone who could perhaps tell me more about the their thoughts and experience on the watch and movement? Would it be a good buy?
Thanks in advance!

ORIENT STAR RE-AU0005L00B

Technical
MovementMechanical
CalibreOrient Cal. F6N43
HackingYes
Power reserve50 hours
Hand windingYes
AutomaticYes
GlassSapphire glass
DateYes
Width (without crown)38.5mm
Thickness12.2mm
Lugs20mm
Lug to lug46.2mm
Water resistance100m
DialBlue
CrownPush/pull
Case materialSteel
Band materialSteel
End linksSolid
CasebackDisplay
Country of manufactureJapan
Warranty2 years

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Beautiful OS Classic. All the Orient Stars are well made and finished. They are assembled in Japan at the Orient factory. The model you're looking at is the latest in a long line of OS daily dress watches. The size is 38 mm so it will fit wrists from 6.5" to probably 8" and look in proportion. Case/dial/crown/indices are all highly finished and carry on the OS genes from the past. The dial has beautiful embossed ridges at the P.R. gauge and around the dial at the indices (hard to see in the pics).

The F6N movement is the latest in the Orient in-house calibers. Like Seiko and Citizen/Miyota, Orient has a long tradition of designing and producing its' own automatic movements. You don't get an Orient movement in anything but an Orient. The F6N has both hacking and hand-winding w/ a 50 hr power reserve(P.R.) and very respectable accuracy (-15/+25 sec/day). The P.R. gauge is an established Orient feature used for over 30 years.

Other classic features; the lumed dauphine hands and the lume dial dots, seen in Orient Stars for many years. The OS models are like the Orient divers, great value for the money.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that's some of the expertise I was looking for! I have to say, I was never really that familiar with OS, but they're really sort of hidden gems if you ask me.

Reactions: Crankshaft

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Crank,

It's a long standing tradition w/ Orient, post the blandest, most unflattering photos for your site and adverts. Which is why we read so often; "OMG, this ___ is SO MUCH nicer than the photos online!"

·
Registered
597 Posts
Crank,

It's a long standing tradition w/ Orient, post the blandest, most unflattering photos for your site and adverts. Which is why we read so often; "OMG, this ___ is SO MUCH nicer than the photos online!"
Yes Sir I can't believe they haven't figured this out yet hehe, it'd help sales if they showed the real deal instead of that.

The watch is gorgeous, the render is meh..let's go with meh lol.
Wonder if it's some kind of self sabotage so as to not be boasting almost or over shadowing it's famous sister OEM even.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pulled the trigger yesterday and already had it on my doorstep this morning. As noted, it's a very nicely finished watch with a beautiful, mesmerizing dial. It'll make a fine addition to the collection.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a question regarding thickness, 12.2mm is right on my limit, some reviews suggest it is thicker. Do you know the exact thickness? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dedan

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a question regarding thickness, 12.2mm is right on my limit, some reviews suggest it is thicker. Do you know the exact thickness? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Measured it, it is indeed approx. 12,2 mm thick. I measure it at about 12,1 and a little.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, how's the bracelet quality and does the crystal have any AR coating?
The bracelet is really nice. Solid links/end links which have a fine brushed finish with a high polished trim on both insides of the outer links. I would say it's close to a Seiko SARX bracelet.

The crystal definately seems to have some AR coating which adds a lot of depth to the dial.

Reactions: JesseG

·
Registered
52 Posts
if i didn't already have too many orients i would also get one of theres. the blue dial, silver indices and the flash of rose gold is very unique, totaly adore it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts