WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that Orient US is now calling the Triton the NEPTUNE. I liked the Triton name, I have seen other brands use Triton (can't recall the maker's name).

Orient Brazil has produced a number of Neptune (Netuno & Neptuno) divers for some time. All used the caliber 469 movement (469SS).

Looking at the Brazil site the current divers are not named so perhaps Orient chose to use Neptune for the US version of the Triton

https://www.orientrelogios.com.br/diver/

https://www.orientrelogios.com.br/relogio-orient-seatech-masculino-automatico-469ti003-cinza

So, Orient US and Orient Japan, how about an updated Neptune w/ new colorways and/or new bezel insert choices? Garnet red or Jade/sea green?

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not a fan. I thought Triton was a badass name.

Neptune just reminds me of this guy from SpongeBob

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There ya go! Just paste his likeness on the dial and sell way more watches.

OTOH, if you visit the Non US and non-Japan Orient sites none of the watches have a nickname like 'Triton' or 'Kano' only the model designation is listed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wonder if it's a cultural thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Okay I have a black dial/face or in Triton and I really want to change the bezel on it I'm just in the toss-up do I go with the original black bezel or be different and put the blue bezel on the black face?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Devin,

The only replacement bezel insert (not the entire bezel) available are aftermarket vendors, Orient doesn't sell individual inserts.

Vendors selling inserts are; Lumed Ceramic Bezel Inserts, Island Watch, Namokies, DLW, Yobokies.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just noticed that Orient US is now calling the Triton the NEPTUNE. I liked the Triton name, I have seen other brands use Triton (can't recall the maker's name).

Orient Brazil has produced a number of Neptune (Netuno & Neptuno) divers for some time. All used the caliber 469 movement (469SS).

Looking at the Brazil site the current divers are not named so perhaps Orient chose to use Neptune for the US version of the Triton

So, Orient US and Orient Japan, how about an updated Neptune w/ new colorways and/or new bezel insert choices? Garnet red or Jade/sea green?

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
I don't get why they changed the name. I have a black Triton and don't really care what they call it, but the rebranding Orient is doing is not helpful. They no longer use the Bambino name on their site either, now it's just model numbers.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
just won a triton / neptune with sapphire lumed bezel on eBay.

seller's picture

Does anyone know if the bracelet fits the Mako II ?

Reactions: bobby68

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It doesn’t. Strapcode makes some though for the Mako
Thanks for that - I am happy with my Mako II and was thinking if I could use it on my incoming Neptune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts