WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orient has this to say about the Triton, "Triton – Could currently be considered as the toughest, most robust watch in our collection. Not only is it a JIS-compliant watch suitable for scuba diving, but it is also the only watch in our collection that employs our own shock resistant case structure."

I'm curious what is unique about the case structure that provides the shock resistance they tout in the above quote? And how does that differ from other Orient models? Anyone know?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw that marketingspeak from OWUSA as well. I have no idea what they're talking about. I wonder if it's just someone in the OWUSA marketing department waving their hands and spouting babble. Notice that the official Orient site says nothing about it.

I have to laugh at the updated OWUSA site. Just about every word that I see on OWUSA the site sounds like marketing drivel, and the pictures of the over-tattooed models make me laugh. I was a bit embarrassed to refer a friend to the site because latest incarnation just seems stupid.

Love the watches, though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Orient has this to say about the Triton, "Triton - Could currently be considered as the toughest, most robust watch in our collection. Not only is it a JIS-compliant watch suitable for scuba diving, but it is also the only watch in our collection that employs our own shock resistant case structure."

I'm curious what is unique about the case structure that provides the shock resistance they tout in the above quote? And how does that differ from other Orient models? Anyone know?
I was curious about it too so I asked Orient USA. They said this watch replaced the M-Force and uses the M-Force case structure. IIRC, the M-force was ISO-compliant for shock resistance, but idk if the Triton is.

I saw that marketingspeak from OWUSA as well. I have no idea what they're talking about. I wonder if it's just someone in the OWUSA marketing department waving their hands and spouting babble. Notice that the official Orient site says nothing about it.

I have to laugh at the updated OWUSA site. Just about every word that I see on OWUSA the site sounds like marketing drivel, and the pictures of the over-tattooed models make me laugh. I was a bit embarrassed to refer a friend to the site because latest incarnation just seems stupid.

Love the watches, though.
I put my "marketing cap" on to try to decode what they're trying to do here with the site etc. Obviously they want to get "younger" and appeal to a different audience to the one they have now (which I guess used to be either watch collectors or young professionals). Going through it all and reading all the hilariously negative comments, all I can say is that the people who are hating on it are old and/or washed. This all funny regardless though

·
Premium Member
79,174 Posts
The M Force had some sort of shock absorbing gel surround if I remember and Orient may have employed that but they made quite a thing about it with the M Force and I would have expected them to do the same with the Triton.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put my "marketing cap" on to try to decode what they're trying to do here with the site etc. Obviously they want to get "younger" and appeal to a different audience to the one they have now (which I guess used to be either watch collectors or young professionals). Going through it all and reading all the hilariously negative comments, all I can say is that the people who are hating on it are old and/or washed. This all funny regardless though
I'm old and washed. but I'm not hating on it. I just don't understand how OWUSA expects to expand the demographic for conservative-looking / old-fogey-looking watches like the Bambino by having them modeled by people who's tattoos remind me of Kalinga tribal art. I would guess that the "old white dude" style of watch wouldn't appeal to that demographic. And AFAIK that demographic does not seem to be all that big in the USA, which is presumably OWUSA's target market.

I obviously know nothing about marketing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The M Force had some sort of shock absorbing gel surround if I remember and Orient may have employed that but they made quite a thing about it with the M Force and I would have expected them to do the same with the Triton.
I don't see any direct/coherent references to the gelled case in the Triton specifications, so I'm still at a loss as to where that info on the Triton is coming from. I still think someone from OWUSA is just making up incoherent/indirect references just to generate ad copy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll rise up the topic... 3 Months back, accidentally, have dropped my Triton on the concrete floor, 1.5 m high.

No problem.... Triton running, like before.

Definitely, there is inside, something. Some Shock absorbing Structure inside the Case.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think that triton uses the same internal structure as the m-force (and the same wobbly crown).
I add the picture of the M-force anti shock structure.
I like my M force watches...i like triton case back ...but I do not like skx like look...
I've opened up my own Triton and it uses the same system as illustrated here, also used in the Saturation diver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts