WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once had an Orient diver bought in 1989 or 1990 but sold it. I just would like to recall how it looked. Just cant remember how it looks now.

It has a black dial with rubber straps. It has a rather chunky thick case but the diameter of the case is smaller than a Seiko 7S26 diver. The case is matted while the SS screw in back case has the logo of a sharks head emerging from the ocean current with the words 200M. The screw in crown is positioned at 4 oclock.

Does anybody have this and can you post pictures. Thanks

;-);-)

·
Registered
3,757 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:think: Hey Smersh:

Is this the Orient Diver that interests you? It's seems to be dolphins in the motif, and not sharks, but it is close to what you described...

200M Diver
Dolphin on caseback coming out of water
Rubber straps
21j
21,600BPH
Cal. 469 movement

I hope this is the one...it's beautiful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIENT-MEN-AUTO...7QQihZ003QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dear Angelis;

Thanks for your info. but its not the one. The only thing I can remember vividly about it is the matt case and 4 o clock screw -in -crown. It definitely has a sharks head (a great white from the looks of it) emerging from the waves with the 200M inscription. It is a Made in Japan as indicated boldly in the caseback. Just could no longer remember the styling of the black dial , hands except that the dial is not shiny as in Orients current line of divers. It came with a plain vented rubber strap without dolphin logo. I could also recall the flat crystal. It has a thick , very sold SS matt(greyish) case which makes the watch heavy to wear and makes it stand high on the wrist. The screw-in crown and screw in case back is polished, not greyish/matted as in the case making it somewhat a two-tone grey/silver. I believe the case size is about 38-39mm (mid-size that is) as was the trend in case size in those days.

I bought it in the late 1988 or 1989 but sold it eventually to buy a Swatch (I know what you guys are thinking). I just wanted to recall what I lost.

:):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts