WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Feeling lucky I landed a mako 2 with black colorway for cheap when I did.
The mako 2 are relatively cheap and ton of people are selling them on eBay cheap. You can snatch them on eBay for less than $80. Personally I don’t like mako 2 but I love mako USA 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
930 Posts
The mako 2 are relatively cheap and ton of people are selling them on eBay cheap. You can snatch them on eBay for less than $80. Personally I don’t like mako 2 but I love mako USA 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen any for less than $100 recently. The Mako II and Ray II's I've seen have all ended up going for around $130+-. But that's still pretty reasonable. The Kamasu's are running around $200.

Reactions: mykkus

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
I haven't seen any for less than $100 recently. The Mako II and Ray II's I've seen have all ended up going for around $130+-. But that's still pretty reasonable. The Kamasu's are running around $200.
Yep.
Mine was new 124 plus tax.
I’m happy with it.
The kamasu is nicer sure, but i also wanted brand new.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yep.
Mine was new 124 plus tax.
I’m happy with it.
The kamasu is nicer sure, but i also wanted brand new.
those are all theoretically new prices that I saw... although the one I’m bidding on is preowned, it does come with box and papers and a nice extra strap that’s worth a good $10-20...

Hell, it’s still cheap, considering if I don’t like it, imma invest in some tools and mod the hell out of it...

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
OSD?

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The Orient Saturation Diver is the BIG Kahuna (not Kamasu) of Orient divers. A full 300 m ISO compliant model supposedly discontinued several years ago that still appears as New In Box in some Far East ADs. Used models hold near or above MSRP value.

Side note: I'm uncertain if the OSD was ever available in the US from an authorized dealer. There were Orient Star divers identical to the OSD but different colorways, silver and yellow are the two I've seen photos. Disregard my comment about OSD sales by Orient AD, LIW did sell it, last listing was 2017.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The Orient Saturation Diver is the BIG Kahuna (not Kamasu) of Orient divers. A full 300 m ISO compliant model supposedly discontinued several years ago that still appears as New In Box in some Far East ADs. Used models hold near or above MSRP value.
And is a model that will never be used for diving... by almost anyone... because we all just want to get one, and show it off... but 99.9% of us... don’t dive.

Reactions: ^Gurthang54
21 - 32 of 32 Posts