WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,503 Posts
It is mineral crystal. I'm not even sure if Orient uses Hardlex as I believe that is a Seiko proprietary glass and I don't know if they "share" it with Orient or not. I had a black Mako with a mineral crystal that developed a lot of small scratches rather quickly, while I have yet to really scratch any of the Seiko Hardlex crystals I have or have had.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
My Mako also developed several what I would call micro-scratches pretty soon after I got it. It's hard to see indoors but when out in bright sun light it can be seen when the watch is held at an angle. I have not seen this with any other watch using "mineral glass" (including, Casio, Citizen, Seiko, Sea-Gull) yet. Maybe the crystals used on low-end Orients are even less scratch resistant than normal mineral crystals?
It is possible, after all it is only a $150 watch. Plus, the crystal is flat and it is not protected by the bezel in any way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.