WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom bought Molnija pocket watch (the one with a train) from the factory in 1991. The watch was sold with the chain. I still have the original box & papers. Papers say that the chain was included with the watch. Unfortunately my father lost the original chain. Now I'm trying to find the correct replacement.

Does anybody know which chains Molnija included with pocket watches in 1991? Did they use the same chain with all watches? Any info on Molnija chains would be super helpful. Thank you!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,135 Posts
Here is a not-very clear photo of a watch that I acquired new in 2002 showing the chain as installed by Molnija. The links resemble tightly folded paperclips. The effect is very smooth so the chain will not catch on the pocket. The base metal is a dull grey colour with chrome plating. It was from an on-line seller in Novosibirsk and came in a small cardboard Molnija box with papers. Other examples from the same series of commemorative watches that year, when sold by other retailers with fancier packaging were fitted with different chains.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts