WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search a couldn’t find this topic, anyone have pictures of an original next to a reissue.

this is my pair, original is my birth year watch, aug 1981 and the reissue newly purchased (via the macy’s friends and family event)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,049 Posts
Very cool that you have both side-by-side. I wonder how many posts we’ll see where members own an original and a re-issue? Several models come to mind, but sometimes those originals and their re-issues are prohibitively expensive to own one of each! I’m thinking Zenith El Primero tri-color, Omega Speedmaster, and Heuer Monaco for starters. Then there’s other Hamiltons, Zodiacs...
I like the Hamilton reissue a lot. I nearly bought one from a department store using my wife’s reward dollars. However, at 38 mm it is a bit small compared to what I usually wear. Plus it’s not a chronograph, and lately that is all my addiction craves.
I have a World War II Elgin military watch that measures a whopping 32 mm. I plan to have it serviced and wear it on days that I dare myself to wear a tiny watch.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Not mine but I own the reissue. Here's a photo of the original (left) and reissue (right).

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Close as I can get, here's my Pulsar p2 2900 and a photo of the Hamilton reissue...

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I used to be obsessed with vintage Timex, and then became obsessed with Timex Originals (made from 2006-2011) which are now almost as rare as the vintage models they copied.

001-timex-reissue-M2.jpeg

Timex-Coke-diver-twins-01.jpg

Timex-MCS-group-vintage-originals.jpeg

Timex-RallyStripe-pair-01.jpeg

The more recent Marlin Vintage Reissue was identical to my 1966 Marlin, except my '66 had the lumed handset.

001-timex-marlin-reissue-66-2.jpeg

It was a fun and very cheap horological obsession, but it got out of control ...

timex-0-whole-lot.jpeg

I sold or gifted most of them, and now I'm down to a modest 3 vintage Timex, and 2 modern Timex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts