WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this over in the Seiko forum but didn't get a response. What are your thoughts on the originality of this diver? Seller claims dial, hands, and lume are all original. And, to be honest, it all looks pretty good to me. The only thing I can spot is that there may be a slight difference in the coloration of the lume on the hands (which show some ever so slight patina near the center) versus that on the hour markers. Should I be concerned?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Can't really tell based on pictures without it being "in-hand" and looking at it under a loop, but based on the pictures, it looks pretty good to me.

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
I am definitely not a Seiko expert, but just based on my general observations, I wouldn't be too concerned about the subtle differences in the aging of the lume on hands and dial in this case. Obviously the lume in different places is being exposed to slightly different environments, and the outer part of the hands match the dial pretty well.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Here is mine when I got it mines a newer model

And after relume and service and crystal replacement. Mine still has the original bezel ring the pip was relumed. The crystal been replaced and possible the bezel ring and you never know about relume look at mine. From the case back you can see it was well used so why I thought the stuff that mite be wrong. But if you can get it at the right price then it mite be a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts