WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am looking for an affordable skeleton watch. Doesn't have to be automatic. My price range is 40-60 dollars, the reasons I am posting on the Russian Board is that the watch that I liked is an Orion. I was wondering if anyone had experiences with this watch or similar. It has 17 jewel hand wind movement. This watch is 24 dollars plus 15 shipping. Or should I hold out for a nicer brand (poljot?) for another 20-30 dollars.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I've had this one for a couple of years. Timekeeping is good & there have been no problems. I've got some other Orions which have also been trouble free. Quality seems excellent for the dosh:)

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hello everyone, I am looking for an affordable skeleton watch. Doesn't have to be automatic. My price range is 40-60 dollars, the reasons I am posting on the Russian Board is that the watch that I liked is an Orion. I was wondering if anyone had experiences with this watch or similar. It has 17 jewel hand wind movement. This watch is 24 dollars plus 15 shipping. Or should I hold out for a nicer brand (poljot?) for another 20-30 dollars.

Kep in mind that Orion watches have Chinese movements.
If you are looking for an open-heart movement, Vostok now produces the caliber 2433 (see pic), a totally Russian movement.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do all of the Orion's use Chinese movements? There is one other one I am interested in that uses a "Slava" 2414 jewel movement. Is that one chinese as well? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Do all of the Orion's use Chinese movements? There is one other one I am interested in that uses a "Slava" 2414 jewel movement. Is that one chinese as well? Thanks!
The Slava movements are made in Moscow. But now Orion uses mostly Chinese movements.

·
Registered
2 Posts

What is the model of this Orion, and where can I order it??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts