WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it yet? I was wondering if the original black dialed 65 could be dressed up on a black gator/croc strap or if that would be corny to wear a dive watch in more formal settings haha.

·
Registered
734 Posts
In my opinion, yes it would be "corny" to wear a dive watch on a croc. I don't like dive watches on leather, let alone a croc strap. But wear what you feel comfortable wearing...there are no rules.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I'll see what it looks like on a shell cordovan strap

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
In my opinion, yes it would be "corny" to wear a dive watch on a croc. I don't like dive watches on leather, let alone a croc strap. But wear what you feel comfortable wearing...there are no rules.
I don't know, this Croc came with my Panerai and I think it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody have one on a black shell cordovan strap who would be kind enough to share some pics?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't know, this Croc came with my Panerai and I think it looks fantastic.

Well, the OP's question was regarding an Oris 65 dive watch, not a Panerai Marina. Of course it looks fine on your watch. Eggs and apples different.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Well, the OP's question was regarding an Oris 65 dive watch, not a Panerai Marina. Of course it looks fine on your watch. Eggs and apples different.
Very true. Honestly I was surprised it looked good on the Panerai. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it out and see if it suits your taste.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wouldn't have thought the croc would look good on a Panerai - until that pic. Looks great! I would generally stay away from Crocs on divers. Love the Oris - wish you the best!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I wouldn't have thought the croc would look good on a Panerai - until that pic. Looks great! I would generally stay away from Crocs on divers. Love the Oris - wish you the best!
Thanks. I think it looks even better in person. In fact, it's by far my favorite strap for that watch. But since I wear black shoes & belt most of the time so I put it on black rubber.

I'd be very curious to see if the Diver 65 would look good with a croc strap. I think a perforated Rally strap would look really good.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Fellow forum member "derived" posted this pic of his lovely Fifty Fathoms in the Public forum with what appears to be a croc strap. Just thought I'd pass it along in case it's of any help.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My preference is to wear a dive watch on a bracelet but, as far as straps, I think gator looks good on just about any style of watch. I'd love to see what the 65 looked like on this Panatime cognac hornback gator which is a little more rugged looking.

s-l1600.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts