WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few pictures of the blue Oris Aquis where the dial was almost grey colored, possibly due to lighting conditions. I'm really digging this watch right now, but if the dial is going to look grey half the time, that will not be cool. I'd like the color to be the same as the bezel. Is this dial blue all the time?

In fact, is anyone bothered by the dial being a matt color while the bezel is polished / shiny?

I have a seiko skx007 whose dial is often grey (it is actually not black, but a dark grey) and often appears black... But that is acceptable for its price.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I never really noticed it being grey but maybe blackish. It's very nice in the light, but not as bright or bluish in the dark.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I own this watch and no, the dial does not perfectly match the bezel. They are a very similar shade of blue, nicely matched, but as you point out, the texture is very different. Personally I think it suits the overall look with the mixed polished and bushed SS, but to each his own. Note also the date window is black, not blue.

In natural light it looks quite nice (first pic) but in artificial light it is very different (2nd pic), and the matte blue indeed takes a grey tone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372526800.877387.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372527001.483158.jpg

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
The dial on the Aquis is a sort of blue grey colour and that probably accounts for it looking grey in some of the pics but in the flesh it's blue alright. I hear what you are saying about the dial and bezel but once again in the flesh I don't think the difference is all that much. I very nearly got a blue Aquis but since I'd already got a Titan Small Seconds with tungsten bezel I went for the blue Diver Date instead.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Yeah the Diver Date is a much more classic match and dressier overall.

I haven't seen the grey 43mm model in person, but the black model has a more "brushed" bezel texture which makes a nicer match. I went with blue though because the color is so unique. I actually love the slightly brighter Oris blue found on a few of their LE models, like the Maldives, but went for something more versatile with this one.

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
That's an interesting shade of blue. Really nice. Subtle and understated.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks a lot for all of your responses and pictures.

The pictures I've seen in this thread look great, and only one of them really has that grey look... But it wasn't too bad.

I probably shouldn't link to it, but if you Google "Oris Aquis blue" one of the first pictures is from another brand specific forum, and the color of its dial is downright unacceptable, barely blue at all.

I work in an office setting with lots of fluorescent light fixtures. Maybe I'll take my fluorescent drop light with me to the AD when I'm done saving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts